Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I use TWO tiles images?

On my website I can tile the page no problems.
    I can also tile the pasteboard (the complete screen background).
    But, tiling the pasteboard background takes it right across the page.

Is there a way to tile BOTH the page and the pasteboard with different tiles? Then I can add just a few little bits on top.

Cheers,
    Amaliss

Default Re: Can I use TWO tiles images?

No you cannot.

However you can use one of John Horn's Tweaks to keep the background image from tiling. You can force it to tile only vertically and you can force it to tile horizontally only. Johns Tweaks are free and can be downloaded here. Be sure to look at the HTML file that is part of the zipped download as this will explain how the tweaks work and how to use them. Generally it is simply a matter of dragging one onto the page.

Hi,
    You may get around this buy creating a rectangle say 1920X1080px on the background containing one tile, then on a layer above create a rectangle containing second tile image. I beleive that may work.
    As long as the tiling image tile properly.
    Jim

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I would add to Jim's thread by locking the rectangle after you have it filled and positioned correctly. Simply right click on the rectangle and choose Lock Rectangle. That way you won't move it around by accident when you are working on other items on the page.

Also if you want it to repeat on all the pages don't forget to name it an choose repeat on all pages in the Arrange menu (or Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R).

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaliss View Post
    Is there a way to tile BOTH the page and the pasteboard with different tiles? Then I can add just a few little bits on top.
    Yes, this is easily done in Web Designer 6 and Designer Pro 6.

[1] Tile your 'Page' (I used the 'Background' button after selecting the bitmap from the bitmap gallery)
    [2] In the Page & Layer Gallery 'Unlock' the 'Page background' layer.
    [3] Ctrl+Drag your other tile image to the 'Pasteboard'.
    [4] Re-lock the 'Page background' layer
    ..done

For additional pages which use the same two tiles background, press 'Duplicate Page' icon

Actually, there's no need for step [2] (..and therefore step [4] )

Steve - Does one have to unlock the page background? Perhaps I misread the question, but Ctrl dragging and dropping a bitmap onto the page and Ctrl dragging and dropping a bitmap onto the pasteboard, does the same thing. Or am I missing something here.

I unlock the background image if I want to round the corners, remove the drop shadow, or move the page down a few ticks from the top.

See above - I corrected this

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...or move the page down a few ticks from the top.
    This isn't the best way to create a page margin as the 'page clipping area' remains the same, that is; the bottom edge will be clipped at the point where the bottom edge original was.
    Drag the rulers intersection to a point above your page for a top page margin

Not sure what you mean by Page Clipping Area Steve - But in the attached, I added a bitmap fill, albeit an unfortunate one, to the page. I unlocked the page, applied curved corners, removed the drop shadow, and moved the entire page rectangle down about 24 pixels. I locked the page and previewed, and the page now has a bit of air at the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-down.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	77165