Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop-Up Dilemma

Default Pop-Up Dilemma

I could use some help in solving a pop-up dilemma.
    On my website, http://www.the247newsroom.com, I have a section in the upper-left, currently showing “today’s top job.” When it’s clicked the photo comes out, the site dims and there are more details.
    For now it’s really a placeholder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top job sample 1.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	77096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top job sample 2.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	77097
    These screen grabs illustrate what I currently have.

Now, I have a client –a talent agent who represents television reporters. The agent would like to have a pop-up image of a client pop-out AND then a video plays….the video is a sample of that client’s work. I can’t quite figure out how to make it happen. So, in short, instead of the current graphics that’s there now, I want video to pop-up and then play either automatically on the pop-out of on a click. Any ideas on making this happen?
    Thanks
    Petner

Default Re: Pop-Up Dilemma

Petner,

I'd love to hear what Sledge or Gary have to say about this; if it's even possible.

Believe me, you'll find out shortly.

Doc

The bundled highslide.js cannot handle secondary popups so you might need to manually build what you need using xara popup layers.
    There are some fade effects you can use for xara popup layers, see this thread

You could also try VideoLightbox. I did create a demo using this a while back. But it takes a bit of mucking around. If I get time I'll look at a more straight forward soltuion. Meanwhil, here's the old demo

It's possible to create it within Xara, see the support article on how to do this

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2889

Yes I've said this, but I don't believe this is what the OP was asking about Pete. He's looking for a double action to the one hs popup from how I read it.
    Perhaps the OP would clarify, that way we can offer more solid suggestions.

Hi folks, first thanks for all the input. Sledger is right, I'm looking for a double action. Presumably you click the photo, it pops out and then either by clicking, or automatically you can see a video. My client has the video hosted on their site. I hope that's clearer? If any of one find a bit of time, I would appreciate someone looking at my site: http://www.the247newsroom.com. While the site is registration protected, you can get that pop out action on the homepage. Any and all input is appreciated. Petner (Tom)

the VideoLightbox looks interesting. I'm downloading and giving it a shot. I looked at your old demo and gee, it looks like a lot of work that might be a bit much for my skills...let me first give some of this a whirl.

Hi again folks,
    I tried a few things and nothing seems to be quit right. Let me ask this. If I do a pop out photo, when I bring it out to the larger photo, can I embed a link that leads to a video? I can't quite figure out how to do this easily, actually not at all. As you know there are settings on the pop out menu to dim the background, etc which is terrific, but how - if at all - can I place in a link? This might make it very simple for my client. I can do a screen grab of one client, add in a few words about the person in the text area with a link to the video, if someone wants to see it...is the link embed doable?
    Thanks
    Tom Petner

Quote Originally Posted by petner View Post
    If I do a pop out photo, when I bring it out to the larger photo, can I embed a link that leads to a video? I can't quite figure out how to do this easily, actually not at all. As you know there are settings on the pop out menu to dim the background, etc which is terrific, but how - if at all - can I place in a link?
    No not this way.
    As I mentioned earlier (and confirmed by PeterS) you can create your own popup manually using layers.
    Both mine and PeterS' links pointed to additional syntaxes to use for popop layer fade effects (if you want to use them)

Give me a little time and I will provide a small demo.

Hi Tom,

As promised, I have created this DEMO - I hope this helps you a bit.