Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I'm trying to learn WebDesigner..Background is beating me up

I know that it is going to be super simple, have read the instructions for creating a background and can't seem to latch on to it for anything. Everything else strikes me as relatively simple. I expect to be able to bring in a piece of graphic and have it automatically tile then seeing it behind the page. WebDesigner strikes me as pretty doggone stable, and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to abandon WebStudio, the program I'm currently using to create pages. Any input will be deeply appreciated. I would like to master this before my trial runs out.
    Giddyup

Default Re: I'm trying to learn WebDesigner..Background is beating me up

Import the background image into WD6. Open the Bitmap Gallery (F11). Hold down the Ctrl key and drag and drop the bitmap onto the pasteboard (the area around the page). You can also do this with the page background.

That's it.

No need to hold ctrl and drag to the page area, just use the 'Background' button.
    Here's a video demo of how to add a tiling background to Xara Web pages.

Odd that in your own video Steve you say to "hold down the Ctrl key and drag and drop the bitmap onto the pasteboard" or words to that effect.

And yes, you can select a bitmap in the Bitmap Gallery, and press Background to apply the bitmap to the page background.

Yes, but I was responding to your comment >>You can also do this with the page background. No need to hold Ctrl in this case.

Mission accomplished. However, it would not do a fill without holding the Ctrl key down.
    Thanks, Giddyup

If you select the image and then press Background there is no need to hold down the Ctrl key. But this does not work with the pasteboard area.