Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Extreme Web designer 5 trouble

As i've noticed people were having trouble the same as me when installing this software. Xtreme Web Designer 5 (yes appropriate name)

I recently tried installing my new copy from CD.

It would say you do not have administrator rights (when my comp is a standalone and has the words administrator below my user name)

It would also say This program could not be started. Error code -6

I tried reinstalling, and also in safe mode.
    and the other funny thing is I tried activating the software on the site as well and it couldn't even recognize my computer name.

I couldn't reply to the other thread, so if anyone can help thats great

I've sent an email to their support as well, so if I get any helpful answers i'll post them here to help anyone who has this problem.

Default Re: Extreme Web designer 5 trouble

I have just received an answer to download syscheck current version is 5.1

This crashed before it could check even the first of 49 sections.

I've emailed them back so fingers crossed.

Looking forward to trying the software. If I ever can. At this rate I might send it back and try another, doesn't fill me with confidence that a program fails at this stage, let alone have to send stuff via FTP once you try setting up your site O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Livingdeadjedi View Post
    ...............let alone have to send stuff via FTP once you try setting up your site O_O
    Are you accustomed to using a different method to publish your website files??

Sorry my first time with any web program. I know it's a good start I thought you used an FTP to send large files to another computer ? For use on your website that people can download.

Anyway. Finally got to the end of Syscheck and it failed to send email. Tried it another few times which took a good 2 hours. Same thing.

I noticed one thing, when it asked to place the CD into the drive, it said Okay or Cancel to carry on.. Tried OK a few times with no results, then just out of curiosity I tried cancel and it carried on fine.

Looks like i'll never be able to try the program.

But I have Emailed them again seeing if you can copy Syscheck results to a normal outlook email with won't crash.

Failing that it's send it back to amazon.co.uk and get another program.

It's getting a bit daft now though, never known anything like this when installing a program, but then I haven't ever installed a 'web design' program.

Next thing would probably be to get on the phone to them.
    Last edited by Livingdeadjedi; 12 October 2010 at 05:17 PM.

Sounds like you have a local PC issue. Thousands of users install Xara software on standard PC's and Laptops without any problems at all. I'd work closely with Xara Support if I were you, they have the better experience with these kind of things.

Thanks Sledger will do.