Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XARA Web Designer 6 Help

Hi Everyone,

I'm using a demo of Xara web Design 6 to see if it can deliver a decent website.
    So far I am extremely happy with what I can do, I'm sure I'm missing many options to be better with it. I am not a designer, so this is all new to me. Never studied HTML etc.

May I ask some questions and get direction to posts or video tutorials.

1.) Finding more video tutorials for specific things - IE: Photo Gallery or Linking a
    database to upload photos.
    2.) Replicating header
    I have 2 sites in one. Front page design will be the option page where to go. How do I repeat the header, footer and button only for some pages.
    3.) Setting xara so that it does not ad default links to xara home page when adding stuff.
    4.) Getting a site to rank better - will naming all graphics help with search in google?

Is there a pdf manual that I can print out and read?

I think that's about enough for now.

Thank you

Default Re: XARA Web Designer 6 Help

Welcome to TalkGraphics Asteen

Xara has very excellent built in Help support. You can press F1 at any time for a context sensitive help file.

Also, if you go directly to the Help file, there is a link to Movies which takes you to the Xara site and offers a range of helpful movies.

You are repeat any object or text on any page by selecting it and then from the Arrange menu selecting Repeat on all pages. If you make a change, you can select Update Repeating Objects, but be aware that this will change all repeating object, not just the one you have selected.

If you want something to appear on several pages but not all pages, after you have repeated on all pages, select one of the objects and select Stop Repeating. You will be asked if you want this for all instances or just this page. So you can remove the update capability by checking All instances.

In addition, you can create a master page first, with everything you want to appear on each page and then just duplicate the page.

You can edit any of the linked buttons. Double click on the button bar, select the button title, then click on the URL area and change the link.

There have been a ton of posts about SEO (search engine optimization). Do a search at the top of the page for SEO.

Hi gwpriester,

Thank you for your answers. Been busy with the F1 help. The video tutorials for Xara are very basic stuff, but helpfull.

Just on another question if you don't mind.

My HTML code reference like ths:

<meta name="XAR Files" content="index_htm_files/xr_files.txt"/> HOW CAN I GET THIS NOT TO SHOW? <title>Name of site</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=Windows-1252"/>
    <meta name="Generator" content="Xara HTML filter v.3.1.0.373"/> HOW CAN I GET THIS NOT TO SHOW?
    <meta name="keywords" content="importing, enviro, products, fishing, shark, bronzwhaler, bronzie, raggettooth, spottie,sealine,fred tucker,basil manning,rods,reels,cape town,water,salt, salt water,"/>

I saw someone asking about making tables and saw the response.
    I don't want to answer as I'm too new to this, but I use Exel to get my tables working perfect in Xara.
    Maybe you can look at that and maybe it can help someone, or maybe my idea is not that good.

Let me know.

Thank you once again

The only way to remove those lines is to remove those lines manually after export.
    However, you will have to do so after EVERY export, manually.

Why do you want them removed anyway?
    The xr_files.txt is required for republish changed files purposes.