Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash Slideshow & Searchable Text

Hello,

I am going to make some slides that will be animated in Xara and was wondering if there was a way to design them so the text could be found by search engines.

I was going to design the slides in Photoshop and make the animation to be output as an .swf in Xara. I was under the impression that making a finished .swf file will turn everything into a graphic object.

This will be for a homepage with 7 different "slides" alternating in a window. Is there a different way to create this in Xara and retain searchable text?

Thanks

Default Re: Flash Slideshow & Searchable Text

Not sure. My suspicion is no. I think you can add an alt tag to a swf file. But probably not the individual slides.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I will still probably add the text in Xara to be able to animate it.

Actually yes, Google has been indexing Flash for some time now. But it has to be text of course.

Q: What content can Google better index from these Flash files?
    All of the text that users can see as they interact with your Flash file. If your website contains Flash, the textual content in your Flash files can be used when Google generates a snippet for your website. Also, the words that appear in your Flash files can be used to match query terms in Google searches.

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...-indexing.html

Thanks for this. So it looks like a good move the add all of the text in Xara when I create the .swf file. Looks like it will all be found by the search engines.