Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Using Xara 3D with Web Designer 6

I hope someone can help! I have made a logo in 3D, but for some reason I can't import the file into Web Designer 6 (where my web page is!) I've tried as .gif and .avi, but it doesn't work. I'm new to the software, so I'm sure I'm missing something. PLEASE HELP!

Default Re: Using Xara 3D with Web Designer 6

Drag'n'drop your animated .gif into the open Web Designer page.
    Xara will embed the gif and create the code.
    Note that you won't see the animation until you preview or export the webpage.

Default Same problem here

I am using Xara Web Designer to make a family website with pictures, etc. and try to use a small animation I made with Xara 3D6. I saved the animation as .swf and as .gif, but when I try to use the animation in Xara Web Designer as .swf I get a message that says that the file is not recognized by any of the installed filters.

If I drag and drop it as .gif it accepts it, but when I preview the web page, the animation does not work. This happens only with Xara Web Designer, because if I use Microsoft Publisher, the animation works great as .gif and as .swf. I can even open the animation file directly from any of my browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer) with no problem at all.

If any one of the members can figure out what I am doing wrong, it will be greatly appreciated by me. Thanks for any help provided.

Default Re: Same problem here

Which version of Xara Web Designer are you using?

Version 6 is required for the drag and drop to work correctly. With version 5 you must create a placeholder and use the options to replace with Flash for the .swf file or replace with graphic for the .gif file.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thumbs up Re: Using Xara 3D with Web Designer 6

That is what I was doing wrong. I am using version 5, but will get version 6 just for the drag and drop. It cuts some steps of the process, and at my age any shortcut helps. Thanks for your help!