Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default MPEG4 video file -- Will preview, but then doesn't work on the actual internet

With help from Sledger yesterday, I got my MPEG4 file running in Xara during the page or website preview. However, when it is pushed up to the actual internet site, the flash video player doesn't work, regardless of whether I am using Firefox or Internet Explorer.

When I am looking at the actual website, I see the same size area for where the video should be, but it is all white and there is no arrow with a circle around it in the center (mouseover finds nothing). There is also no audio or any start/pause bar at the bottom.

I have rechecked the file transfer twice (done with filezilla), and everything has been pushed up and is in place.

Anybody have any ideas?

PHD12

Default Re: MPEG4 video file -- Will preview, but then doesn't work on the actual internet

If your followed my tutorial for your page and saw the MP4 video play on the tutorial site, then your host is the problem.
    Check with your host that the file type (.SWF is often disallowed for security reasons) has the correct MIME settings and permissions.

Default Re: MPEG4 video file -- Will preview, but then doesn't work on the actual internet

I have talked to Network Solutions who hosts the site. They have my site on a UNIX server. Will your Flash run under UNIX, or does it have to be under a Windows server? All of the MIMI settings are correct.

I use all UNIX/LINUX servers running bog standard Apache.

I don't work for Xara, so it's not 'my' flash
    Xara's standAlone_omk.swf player is a standard shockwave flash object. Your server should run it fine.

Provided the index.htm is outside the index_html_files folder and all the required files are in that folder (the .swf and the .mp4), it should just work.

Can you give me an URL please?

Another thought to try.
    Grab your free 500mb webspace at MAGIX. ► http://www.magix-online.com/us/
    Upload to there and see if it works. Then you will know about NS for sure.