Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question on using php and PGD6

I was wondering if you can embed php callouts to a mysql database on a PGD6 html placemarker?

(The idea of embedding a wordpress powered CMS into a Xara created site would be cool... I'd be stripping code for weeks but the results could be interesting.)

Default Re: Question on using php and PGD6

I just put it in an iframe using code something like this:

<iframe src="report.php" name="data" width="100%" height="100%" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="10" marginheight="5"></iframe>

yeah, I was looking at that. But I find iframe to not look very appealing so I'm going to try to avoid it. Thanks for suggesting it tho.

I'm going to strip apart the index php from one of my wordpress sites to reduce it to the callouts to the database and limit it to "page" content.
    I realize that my Xara enclosure will have limits to the size of my placeholder.
    But the end result should provide a Xara-created site with content that can be altered without going back into xara and reloading the site.

If I prepare the php code it should end up to be a code template where people can insert their own database info and do the same... I'll see how it goes.

You could modify the header.php and the footer.php in your wordpress template to look like the rest of your site.
    Or you could create them using xara adding the necessary php with placeholders to enable wordpress modules to work if you want them.
    You should be left with xara header and footer and wordpress content.

I haven't done this with wordpress before but I have done it with osticket, at a glance it looks similar.
    Last edited by jamesd; 21 October 2010 at 07:39 PM.