Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy [Error] Web Designer - plugin filter object for Adobe Photoshop

hello ,

I've been using Xara Web Designer for a month , today when i opened the program i got the following message "Failed to create plugin filter object for Adobe Photoshop (80040111)"

i searched the forum for solutions before making this post and i did what i found in other posts :

-uninstalling and reinstalling the program
    - un-register and re-register the DLL files in the filters directory , i even tried to re-register all the DLL files in XARA

but nothing seems to work , each time i open the application i get this message and when i try to insert anything from the "Designs Gallery" i get the same message

hope someone can help me with my problem

thanks in advance

best regards

Default Re: [Error] Web Designer - plugin filter object for Adobe Photoshop

This happens because you are a badbooy.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I will forward a request to Xara and ask them to comment on this. It usually takes two or three days so please be patient and check back in case someone else may have the answer before Xara gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    This happens because you are a badbooy.
    lool nice one dude

thanks for your reply, i'll be waiting

just wanted to add that i updated to the last version and the same problem still the same ...

Bizarre..
    Web Designer doesn't (and cannot) use PS Plugin Filters in the standard sense.
    Though Xara Picture editor does:
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Web Designer 6\Xara Picture Editor\XaraPictureEditor.exe
    It has a page curl demo installed for XPE \PSplug-ins\DEMO AV Bros Page Curl 2.0 for Xara

Are you trying to open a file created in Xara Xtreme which has some Adobe filter effects applied perhaps?

Have you tried installing Web Designer as Administrator? (right-click the setup file >> Run as Admin)
    The launch it for the first time via the shortcut by right-clicking the shortcut >> Run as Admin.

EDIT: Just a wild thought.
    You haven't by any chance plopped some .8bf files in the \PSplug-ins\ folder manually ?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 04 October 2010 at 09:17 AM.

Hey sledger,

thanks for your reply , well im not opening any project im just opening the program and as soon as it loads i get the error with the introduction template loaded per default[as i said in my first post i uninstalled and reinstalled the program so non of my previous projects opens when i load the program] , also i didn't plopped any.8bf files in the \PSplug-ins\ folder, and yea when i reinstalled the program i did it as Administrator and the same applies when i run it.

i should also mention that i didn't install any software before i get the error nor played with my registry files , i was working with the program,saved my work and turned off the laptop , the next day when i launched the software i got the error.

thanks again for your help

kind regards
    Last edited by badbooy; 04 October 2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: adding more informations

One for Xara Support I'm afraid.
    Let us know what they come up with.

no problem , im waiting

and thanks for your effort

Hi We have sent you an email through the xara support system to try and assist in resolving this problem.

Many thanks

thank you guys for your effort