Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anyone have an idea why my eps logo won't print?

Hi folks, I am trying to print my logo from Xara. I can print photos, text documents, basically everything else but my eps logo. I converted to outlines and it still won't print. Any ideas? Thanks

Default Re: Anyone have an idea why my eps logo won't print?

Hi

you can go to file menu > print options > output tab and set 'print as' to 'bitmap' [or 'anti-aliased bitmap', whichever looks best]

this often seems to work

as for why - it all depends how xara interpreted the eps, which depends on which program created it originally, I think
    Last edited by handrawn; 30 September 2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve but those wouldn't work either. I had to print as a jpg from Gimp...it printed at least from Gimp but I am having difficulty printing where I need it (centered). Very weird that I can't print this from Xara.... any other thoughts as to what is going on?

I tried to export as a jpg from Xara and still had issues.

Its worth trying to make a bitmap copy within xara [set the dpi high for printing] - if that doesn't print either, you can try running it through a pdf virtual printer if you have one and printing from the pdf

afraid my next suggestion after that is print from illustrator
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve, I tried that but the paper just goes straight through the printer.... and I have also tried to print the jpg version of the logo from Xara with the same effect. I hate using Gimp for things like this... and am finding it strange that this logo is causing so much grief from Xara... same logo as eps, ai, jpg, gif, and bmp all shoot straight through the printer with no ink . I will try the pdf and see what happens... thanks for that suggestion- it would not have occurred to me on this.

Hi Steve, thanks for the suggestion this time pdf worked! I had to install Acrobat 9 trial version on my computer though. Cute pdf just saved a blank page. Must be some strange file format issue from an older version of AI. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!!

Glad it worked - this issue comes up every now and then in one form or another

I don't think xara is up to date with the eps format filters - it sounds like it is 'taking advatage' of the Acrobat filters to do the job? - I'm no expert here, just passing along what I've picked up in the forums
    Nothing lasts forever...

I agree with handrawn. I have problems with some eps files and it has to do with which software made them originally.

Jim

EPS (encapsulated postscript) files are intended to be output to a postscript device, not printed on a non-postscript printer. Normally they are "placed" in programs such as Quark or InDesign and output either as film negatives for plate creation or to a postscript proofing device.

If you can import your EPS file as a visible image then you should be able to print it. PDF file format is the more current form of EPS and like EPS can contain both vector and bitmap objects.