Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to get LInks in the same page like this website

Hello everyone ,

I am creating a website http://www.proonlinesolutions.com and I want a particular type of menu, like this website has. http://www.livesalesman.com/live_chat.html

Please check the blue headers which says Use livesalesman for . When u click on the heading it opens to Data just blow it.

So, I just want to know, if its possible to create the same sort of menu using xara web designer 6? If yes, please tell m the procedure, I am new to web design ,and making final changes in my website.

Regards
    Manu

Default Re: How to get LInks in the same page like this website

I don't think it would be possible to do exactly that using just WD6 except if you use a Jquery accordian or similar in a placeholder.

You can use popup layers to do something similar, but without the sliding effect.

Post Re: How to get LInks in the same page like this website

thanks.

I dont know anything about java scripts, and their implementation. I searched for Jquery and found some source code for sliding menus ( which i want) however i dont know how should I implement it in xara web designer. I mean how one can attach the script to my Data. Its a new and small firm and i dont wanna pay any web designer.

Regards
    Manu

You get what you pay for right . If you don't want to spend time learning javascript, then you'll have to be content with learning to use the tools available in the very low priced Web Designer software you already have.
    As I said, this can be done using popup layers in Web Designer. The sliding effect however requires more advanced knowledge.. For now, you don't have that - but you can always learn or pay someone who has spent the time to.

This type of effect is called an accordion and there are plenty of tutorials out there on how to achieve it.

http://tutorialblog.org/10-javascrip...rdion-scripts/

Requires javascript but you don't necessarily have to write that yourself, just work out how to get it into your web page.

Another xara user has created a sample of this menu using popup layers as per my suggestion. I think you'll agree that it's a workable implimentation of the accordion menu which is do'able by any xara user with Web Designer or Designer Pro 6 software. No HTML knowledge necessary
    See this thread

thnks for the suggestions. I ll try both accordian an pop up layer.

hello sledger,

I tried the Javascript, but couldnt make it work. I found some scripts online, but dont know how to implement it in xaraweb designer.

I checked the link u gave me and i agree that its just like what i want. could u please tell me how can I make it? I really dont knwo how to work with pop up layers in xara

If you download and study the .xar file provided by Eric at that link, you can see how he has created the popup layers in the page a layer gallery. Also look at the Heading Text links and how they 'link' to those layers in Web Properties.