Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Export ot PDF problem

I've tried several times to export to pdf and the file is blank & my reader program goes into non-responsive mode and locks up Win 7 OS. Attached is the xar file. I am using xara extreme pro 4.
    Thanks,

Driscoll
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Export ot PDF problem

Hi Driscoll,
    It work fine by me when i export your file to PDF at 300 dpi from XDP6, i attached the PDF file try to open it in your reader program.
    Best Regards BP
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Might want to check the spelling on Neighbors.

I tried to export it from Designer Pro 6 and I get nothing. Very weird. I tried the e-mail filter with no luck. Then I tried Draft Quality and it exported OK.

Also the photo was out of proportion so I fixed that.

I too use pro4. For trouble free pdf's, I find using PDF995 works very well. Pro 4 has trouble with creating pdf's on it's own. Try installing PDF995 and then just print to the PDF995 printer in the print dialog box.
    PDF 995 is free with a nag screen that can be crippled by setting your firewall to not allow it to connect to the internet after you've installed it. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Might want to check the spelling on Neighbors.

I tried to export it from Designer Pro 6 and I get nothing. Very weird. I tried the e-mail filter with no luck. Then I tried Draft Quality and it exported OK.

Also the photo was out of proportion so I fixed that.
    Thanks I appreciate your help. I'm still perplexed as to why my xtreme pro is not exporting correctly. Any thoughts on that?

You are using repel text which might be causing problems. I did not try it, but try selecting the text and the two photos and bring them to the front (Arrange > Bring to Front). If this does not work then the problem may well be that repel text is not supported in the PDF export filter.

I think it is a corrupted file for various reasons:
    1. Non optimised bitmaps used
    2. Font sized used were none standard pt's.
    3. Unused text frame inside white banner

I use D Pro 6 for newsletter all the time in my job and repel text around bitmaps when I think it looks right and export these files as PDF's and I have never had a problem, touch wood! Tried to export this file 9 times at commercial settings and it crashed Acro 9 times as I started to change things one bit at a time. Then tried to open it with AI and I got the out of memory error which means there is an unfinished statement in the file info maybe Bill will have a look at this if he is around. Got so annoyed with the crashes re did the invite again using Word to transfer the text to and from the old to new docs just in case the text was the problem. Once done the invite exported fine with no crashes. What I would say here if possible put blocks of text in the topmost layer and have graphics in a lower layer if poss. you will get a cleaner print.
    Design is thinking made visual.