Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Floor Plans / symbols / furniture

I would like to draw floor plans in Xara showing furniture layouts - kitchen, living room, bedroom etc.

I cannot find any furniture symbols in Xara clip art. Does anyone know where I can get/ import some from?

Many thanks

PhilB

Default Re: Floor Plans / symbols / furniture

You could try looking for a furniture font (dingbat)

Here's one, but there's bound to be more if you look around.

If my memory serves me well and when I was developing a rough layout for my present house I drew all my own as they were just simple shapes which could be copied and pasted from room to room. When I first tried it with a programme called ArtWorks which was the first showing of Xara I just saved the floorplan with the symbols setup and drawn off the artboard and saved the file it worked well. Now we can save drawing to the Design Gallery which means we can import any symbol that we would like to use on a drawing easily. Have a try it's easy!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    If my memory serves me well and when I was developing a rough layout for my present house I drew all my own as they were just simple shapes which could be copied and pasted from room to room. When I first tried it with a programme called ArtWorks which was the first showing of Xara I just saved the floorplan with the symbols setup and drawn off the artboard and saved the file it worked well. Now we can save drawing to the Design Gallery which means we can import any symbol that we would like to use on a drawing easily. Have a try it's easy!
    How does one save their .xar file INTO the design gallery?

Slighty OT, but..
    Open the Designs gallery and press 'Disc Designs' - browse to the folder you want to add then click 'Add'.