Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Part of drawing won't print

Does anyone have an idea why the B&W drawing on the left of this announcement doesn't print? What I get when I print the document is the black rectangle under the image, but not the image itself.[ATTACH]76862
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Part of drawing won't print

Not really sure Charles - prints fine for me.
    Have you tried creating a PDF first and then print that?

Sledger,

I did the .pdf and that worked. Frustrating, though. I just printed a whole sheet of these things and all of them have a black rectangle where the drawing is supposed to be. I'm printing this on sheets of various sizes and the file gets sized differently for each size sheet, some sheets have ca. 20 announcements, some only a few, so trying to export & import a pdf just seems like a ton more trouble than I need. I printed the sheet of bad images, then copied one off the original document, pasted it onto the document I uploaded to Talk Graphics and printed it first to be sure I still had a problem, and I got the black rectangle. Earlier in the evening, I had the problem and then I printed a new sheet without problems. I switched out the image that's giving me a problem but that's the one that once again printed wrong. I uploaded a quick photo of one of the problem sheets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00069-20100925-0047.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	76863  

Post Re: Part of drawing won't print

Charlie,

Your file opened up fine and printed fine for me with no black rectangle.

I'd suggest simplifying the composition to see if you can isolate the problem.

Remove the black rectangle from beneath the photo? Do you still have the problem?

Remove everything but the photo, or rather just put the photo into a new document by itself. Do you have the same problem?

The other three photos are clipviews. Try clipviewing your B&W. I cannot for the life of me see why that would make a difference but Hey....

cheers,
    Erik

You're probably running out of memory having so many on one sheet. You also should optimise those quite large resolution photos.
    You'll have to simplify I think.
    For example, I'd do this: Create the size you need for a full sheet, then create a bitmap copy at 300dpi.
    Paste the bitmap copy to a new black document and duplicate to fill your page. Then print. This will solve the issue.

From your reply it seems that you are printing them your self? If you are then set your page size and attempt to get as many of your cards onto one sheet as you can. For trimming draw lines manually onto your drawing using Guides which you can place on your sheet as shown in the attached file. Hope this helps and if you want to send it to the printers or want it different sizes please come back and I will try and help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.

Is this another case of having to use the print option "print as bitmap"?

No don't think so just needed to be right clicked on the bitmaps & photo optimised for that size of card.
    Design is thinking made visual.