Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I was working on a file and after saving it I tried to export a jpg. Upon the export dialogue window appearing it promply shuts down xara with a 'ding' alert system sound. Very strange.

I tried it repeadedly with the same result. I can open the .xar file and all seems fine until I try to export from it. I rebooted the computer and the problem with the file is still there. I tried exporting a jpg from another document and it worked.

Any ideas what's happening? I've never had a corrupt .xar file before - is that what I have? The file is 1.17mb so I can't attach it here - nor would I want to give anyone else problems. I like you too much.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I was working on a file and after saving it I tried to export a jpg. Upon the export dialogue window appearing it promply shuts down xara with a 'ding' alert system sound. Very strange.

I tried it repeadedly with the same result. I can open the .xar file and all seems fine until I try to export from it. I rebooted the computer and the problem with the file is still there. I tried exporting a jpg from another document and it worked.

Any ideas what's happening? I've never had a corrupt .xar file before - is that what I have? The file is 1.17mb so I can't attach it here - nor would I want to give anyone else problems. I like you too much.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Corrupt XAR files are not uncommon and you're lucky you can still read the original file. The best solution is to copy and paste the drawing into a new page. If it still won't export, copy and paste it in parts to find out which bit is causing the problem. My guess would be comlicated blends and or brushes.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Ross,

Try creating a new file and copy/paste each of the various bits from the original document, then try and export - but if there's any images such as jpgs making up part of your document they could cause problems on exporting or even saving, as I have experienced - the solution was to convert image to tiff in photoshop.

Alan

Ross,
    try a cold re-boot into safe mode and do your save, works sometimes with other apps.
    worth a go i suppose.
    cheers
    eric