Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Alchemy II wip

we're all talking to keep the conversation alive (Brian Eno)

Still experimenting with forms and textures. You now see some red pâte de verre, the spiral that will be inside a Liebig cooler (dirtied with jodide or bromide) and the flask with the pyro inside.

take care,

Heliogabalus Theophrastus Bombastus von H Transmutania, aka Henius the Genius.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glasErik0007.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	6380  

we're all talking to keep the conversation alive (Brian Eno)

Still experimenting with forms and textures. You now see some red pâte de verre, the spiral that will be inside a Liebig cooler (dirtied with jodide or bromide) and the flask with the pyro inside.

take care,

Heliogabalus Theophrastus Bombastus von H Transmutania, aka Henius the Genius.

Great to see what this program can do!
    A company that also listens to what users have to say and that's not something that we experience very often.

Nice work Erik [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Suggestion, Erik?

I'd like to see the coil with less of a reflective material, as it reflects on reflections on reflections on reflections, being a coil.

Shadows, too?

Great work, pal.

Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Cool [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Maybe a dusty wooden table and a brass coil Erik..with sahdows [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If Pyro is dragging down your render times,accck Pyro always drags down render times....use an omni light,set light to visible and turn off generate light.Use a nice orange color and crank brightness to about 230 or there abouts,set noise to wavy turbulence and add a slice of lemon and you are done.

Stu.

Thanks for the comments...
    These are in fact only elements of something that's to big to solve in one time for me.
    I did put on the soft shadows for the coil, yet I don't see them on the floor. Perhaps I should try hard shadows? Fact is that I had to turn down the lights (all three lights are coloured). As for the reflection: there is less reflection than you suppose there is because I added spectral shader to the colour of the highlight and used a coloured material for the coil itself. The reflection is also a rather coloured gradient because I wanted this yellowish silvery shine that's left behind by bromide gas. I also put a spot on the coil.
    I'll try to make it less reflective though beacause it looks a bit like plastic foil (coloured cellophane). Can only get better, and we post to get advise.
    As for the render time: less than fifteen minutes with pyro and the coil on my PIII800 machine with 390MB SDRam free (22 processes running).