I am sure someone has asked this before, and believe me I have looked( and looked and looked )and searched( and searched and searched )through this forum, but I just don't see an answer. I actually want to use a layer that opens/is visible when the page it is on opens/loads( without having to manually open it )that you can then close and have it be hidden after reading it. A true popup if you will.

I have a site I do where they need to make emergency announcements from time to time to their members that have to be impossible to miss. I am currently using a simple Javascript popup code that has a message open as the page loads and they have to click OK to continue on. It is very limited though in what you can do with it. I need to be able to add links and even some graphics.

I would like to create a layer with a box and the info that appears on the page when the page 1st opens that the visitor must close/hide manually. That way they can't miss the info. I just can't seem to come up with a way to close/hide a visible layer that is open when the page loads?

Is it possible in WD( I have WD5 btw not WD6 )to have a layer that automatically opens when the page 1st loads/opens that you can add a close button to which will close/hide the layer when you click it?

I would really appreciate any help with this. If it has been covered I apologize. I did look and just couldn't come up with it.

Thank you in advance for any help.