Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Very slow interface redraw in Xtreme Pro 6

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this *very* slow screen redraw in Xtreme Pro 6.

It's not limited to the new grey skin because if I switch to the old style skin it still happens. I upgraded from Xtreme Pro 4 to 6, so can't say if it happened with v5.

I'm sure there is a pattern to when it happens, but I've not figured it out yet and realise that it can't get fixed until the pattern is established. I don't think it happens until my PC has been in at least Standby and perhaps Hybrid Sleep or Hibernation.

Nothing like this happens in any other application, and even when it happens in Xtreme Pro 6, the CPU usage is barely above 10%. I use Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on a laptop which has 3 GB RAM, a dualcore Pentium SU1400 @ 1.3 GHz and an onboard Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics card - so nothing spectacularly fast but plenty for what I'm using it for.

I rarely minimise any applications but do use the 'Show desktop' button at the bottom right of the Windows 7 taskbar. I can tell when the toolbar buttons are going to redraw very slowly because when I ALT+TAB to Xtreme the chrome areas of the toolbars appear one at a time along the top and left, taking about a second each before being slowly populated by icons at a rate of about one every 1/4 or 1/2 of a second.

The flyout toolbars are easiest to capture in video to demonstrate because once the above has happened, I can open a flyout menu on demand and show the icons within it displaying slowly - see the attached video.

I don't think that it happens more than once per Windows session, unless the machine goes to sleep/hibernate. Once it has happened and the toolbars slowly redraw like the video shows, they're fine - and everything works fully.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Daniel; 14 September 2010 at 11:37 AM.

Default Re: Very slow interface redraw in Xtreme Pro 6

I gave up on using Sleep mode entirely because I was having exactly these kinds of issues, not just with Xara, but everything, even the Start Menu.

-- Ben

I never had particularly great success with sleep in Windows XP - especially on a desktop, but it's been completely reliable in Windows 7.

Xtreme Pro 6 is absolutely the only program I have a problem with: I don't have that much installed, but the various components of Windows 7, and the other applications Xtreme Pro 4, Dreamweaver CS5, Office 2010, Filezilla, Skype, Firefox, Chrome and Sage Accounts 2010 have no problem at all.

I had this problem and it was so annoying until I realised that I had too many filters assigned to the programme even without using any of the Live Effects. That maybe your problem and also have a look at RegEdit it may also help your speed.
    Design is thinking made visual.