Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: help! the look of my website is different on different windows pcs

Hey!
    I see the stuff here and there, but I don't think it's something that's insurmountable nor acceptable. For example, a few posts up, Jonazen showed me his site, njrenfaire.com, made with xara too, and there's no bleeding that I can see. This particular site we're using right now is also clean. I am a firm believer that there's always a reason stuff does what it does, and this is no exception. I can understand that these generator progs try for the middle of the road, but that doesn't mean the html isn't able to be optimized after the fact. I just don't know what part of the code is actually causing the text to size differently at different places in the page. Besides, something he is doing or the way he is doing it is not adversely affected by the resizing, while even my simplest one-liners die a horrible death.
    I hope you aren't hinting that it's just the way of life and not to worry, cause I'm too damn ocd to let it set without getting to the solution, even if it means a total re-write.

Sure hope you have some more to add. I appreciate your comments,
    tom

I've run out of ideas, all I can add is that I have found out that some combinations of font and size behave better than others e.g. Arial 16px and tahoma 12px.

Thanks all of you. I hit this hard because I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but it looks like this is a situation that pops up on websites designed by folks 'waaaaay better than me, no matter what software is involved. This has been a learning experience for sure. I just hate to put it down seeing sites like Jon's that don't have the problem.
    Thanks again,
    tom