Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Changing themes

Default Changing themes

I've searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to my query. I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.

I created my first Xara website with WebDesigner 6 (www.krafters.net) and had no problem. I used one of the built in templates to do it. My question is this: is it possible to keep the content and change to a different theme? Everything I've tried doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Changing themes

Hi Roxwife and welcome to the Xara forums!

Lovely site - looks like you have lots of content you will be adding in the future. The bad news is that when you create a website using Web Designer or Designer Pro (or Xara Xtreme for that matter) the theme and the content are all hard-coded together. What you want to do can be done, but it requires a knowledge of, for example, CSS and Javascript to switch from one set of template images to another. For the absolute beginner this is simply unrealistic.

However, what you can do is recolour the image theme to your own liking and save it as something else and publish it. It's not quite what you want to achieve but it's about as close as you'll get right now I think unless somebody else has a better suggestion.

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: Changing themes

As far as I am aware all of the Xara supplied template designs use named colours.
    This means you can change the colour scheme of the template simply by editing those named colours via the colour editor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theme-change-named-colours.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	76646