Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Now how the heck did you do the lights on the Uss enterprise ? PLZ TELL ME ! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ross A.

Smile, it makes people wonder what your are thinking.... or just tell them...
    Well, I know that i won't...

Stuart:

Are you the guy whose work used to be on Xara's gallery? Those were top top illustrations, mate! Are they still there? Or have they been dropped since they were done in CorelXara 2?

Anyway, still awesome!

Nick Wilkinson.
    IsoCalc.com
    Nick Wilkinson.
    IsoCalc.com

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Nick - Stuart is indeed the guy you are thinking about. He is the master of Star Trek technical drawings. Here and here are some very large images he posted in the past.

(Ross when you see the images at these links perhaps you'll reconsider and head over to the tutorials. You could be doing work like Stuarts far sooner if you make an effort to learn the program efficiently).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Nick,

I think I must be the person you're thinking of. They're quite old now, being done way back when CorelXara 2 was released (some were even started with Xara 1.5).

For your delight (!) here is another...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exel.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	19555  

How did I do the lights?

To be perfectly honest, there is nothing special about the lights, just lots of various transparencies placed cunningly together. I used blends to achieve a glow type effect - this would be better achived now in Xara X with the shadow tool and contour tool.

If you look at any one small section of the drawing you see it for what it is, a collection of shaded and transparent layered shapes; viewed as a whole however, it takes on hopefully a more 'real' detailed view. Here are a few close-ups...

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	closeups.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	9506  

Hey stu Do you have a web site (cause alot of my friends want those pics) and if you don't i think you need one casue you ROCK ! any way. can you post you xar. file ? i thought i might be able to get some ideas !

Ross A.

What Would Chairs look like if our legs bent the other way ?
    Well, I know that i won't...

Hey Stu, can we get an even closer view of the windows in your picture with a larger picture, because If I'm seeing right there's a detailed room inside them!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Ross, I do have a site for some of my Star Trek pics - its old now and I've not done anything with it for years (despite threats from people who keep wanting to see new stuff!!)

Its at www.netcomuk.co.uk/~trekart.

The website uses (used?) the Xara plug-in which a few years ago seemed a great idea, until Flash became the norm. It works very well though, lets you zoom right in just as if you had opened the file in Xara...

Stu.

Very, very (very!) well done.

Thanks very much, Ric.

I wish at times I could spend some more time doing work like that for fun, however the content of the Trekart site was born from times when I wasn't hard at work developing in SQL and boning up on asp.net [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.