Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

here is a star trek space ship i have been workin on and i thought you guys might tell me how do make it look better(right now it sucks) feel free to d/l it and play around with it.

Ross A.

Smile, it makes people wonder what your are thinking.... or just tell them...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Well, I know that i won't...

here is a star trek space ship i have been workin on and i thought you guys might tell me how do make it look better(right now it sucks) feel free to d/l it and play around with it.

Ross A.

here is the pic

Ross A

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uss2.jpg 
Views:	852 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	7521  

Ross there are many things that you can do to make this image better. I don't know where to start. You could add more depth to the image by using shading or beveling. You could use more colors instead of just gray. Maybe if you work through some of Gary's tutorials it will give you some ideas of how to improve your image. Check out the all of the information at the Xaraxone.
    http://www.xaraxone.com
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Well I think its fair to say you have a little way to go, but hopefully this 100% Xara creation will inspire you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Name:	EntA.jpg 
Views:	749 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	12462  

That is beautiful Stuart! As soon as I look at it the theme music starts playing in my head.

Robert

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ross - The advice to check out the xara tutorials at Gary Priester's xaraxone.com is very valuable. The tutorials are without a doubt your fastest way to learn the xara skills necessary to draw a fantastic image as Stu has presented.

Don't be intimidated. A great thing about Xara is that it is relatively easy to learn. Complex, highly-detailed drawings like Stu's use the same drawing skills as more straightforward illustrations - The significant difference really just relates to the artist's attention span and motivation. For instance, I know I have the technical drawing skills to do what Stu has done (immodest of me eh?) but I certainly lack the motivation to put in the hours drawing a detailed image like his must have taken. My point is that if you work at learning xara drawing skills there are practically no limits technically on what you can draw if you are motivated. Please do give some of Gary's XaraXone tutorials a try - you'll be amazed at the skills you'll learn. Those skills can then be applied to whatever drawing project you are inspired to undertake. It really won't take long for you to significantly improve your skills.

I know you are young. Bring some of your youthful enthusiasm to learning xara and you'll amaze yourself with what you can achieve. I highlight an example image by forum participant Steve Newport. At the time he created the image I believe he was fifteen. I hope you can be inspired by Steve to sit down and study Gary's tutorials. I really look forward to seeing the images you create in six months...

Regards, Ross (the other one)

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

here is one i am making for a Q basic program

Note* This is how he wants it to look

Ross A

[Moderator edit - I've resampled the image and reposted it at half the pixel width it was originally posted. Ross A - in the future please refrain from posting images over 1500pix wide unless there are special requirements. It would be nice if everyone would treatr 550pix wide as a maximum. --- Ross (The Moderator one)]

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on October 04, 2001 at 13:32.]

Name:	ship2.jpg 
Views:	700 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	3169  

man ur good.
    The only problem is i do not have much time to read TUTs . so i mostly have to print them out(Beacsue in the last year i habe Gone 12,000 miles around the states) but i will try.....

Ross A.

ok this is wierd but... Did any of you see the star trek Premiere "Broken bow" ?
    just wondering

Ross A.