Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text Links in Designer Pro 6

Hello,

I have been trying to work this out for 2 hours and it should take a few seconds but I cannot get it to work in Designer 6 Pro and I am sure it is not me this time:-)

Basically I have a layer called headernav and in that layer a text line with the following:

Home | About Us | Contact Us | Testimonials

Now, linking to each page should be a simple case of highlighting the different parts of the text line, home for example and then going to 'web properties' and selecting the page link. Simple enough but the links will not work. When I preview or publish there is no link and when I go back to the same layer, use the type tool to select home (or about us etc) and go to web properties the link information has gone.

If I just click on the text layer in the page and layer gallery and then select 'web properties' and apply a link it works fine but this is for the entire line of text, not the individual words in the line.

Help!!!

Thanks

Andrew

Default Re: Text Links in Designer Pro 6

Hi Andrew

It may be that you are forgeting to press apply.

Other than that, be aware that links to a page you are already on are disabled by default (and highlighted if you have a mouseover layer).

You can use a "#" in the link to web address field under the link tab (web properties) for testing purposes (see attached - last 2 links)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I finally got it working - not sure if it is a problem but I replaced the text line with a text area and it worked. Although it was a bit strange because for example if I put 'home' with 2 spaces after it then when I link the text only the first 2 letters are linked, if I highlight all the text including the 2 spaces and link it the whole word is linked.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Test areas and lines should work equally well.

Make sure you highlight all of the word before you set it to be a link.

My best suggestion is select the text and bring it to the front (Ctrl f).

And as Drwyd suggests, check each link in the Link tabbed section to make sure you have the correct link.

There is no reason this should not work with a line of type or even if you just click the Text Tool on the page and key in your text. I just tried this and it works.

Thanks guys,

I have it working now using the text area, still would not work on a text line by selecting the individual words but I am happy to leave it as a text area.

Thanks

Andrew