Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default clickable area of rectangle in older browsers

Hi,

I've created an image and put some rectangles on top of it. These rectangles are clickable and lead to another page.
    They work perfectly in Firefox en IE 8 but are only clickable on their borders in older browserversions ?

Is there a way to fix this ? I did not find any solution searching the forum....

thanx,

Olivier

Default Re: clickable area of rectangle in older browsers

Hi, can you upload the file please?

You are talking about adding a hot spot?

I am not sure if this would work, but can you link the rectangle, then make the rectangle 100% transparent? Not sure if this will work in older browsers but that is how we used to create hot spots, way back when.

the site is www.orthopedie-ronse.be/NL/index.htm

it's in dutch, so i'll be your guide :-)

click on patienteinformatie and then on orthopedische problemen, you"ll see the human with hotspots !

I'll try your solution Gary, let you know if it works

thank you for your help,

Olivier

Now that I see what you are trying to accomplish, you could add a white rectangle and make it about 40-50% transparent.

I tried the page in Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera, and Chrome. Some links worked and some did not.

I wonder if the links that are not working are not actually linked?

Check each of the rectangles and make sure that each rectangle is linked, and make sure that the corresponding PDF file is in the index_html_files folder.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Now that I see what you are trying to accomplish, you could add a white rectangle and make it about 40-50% transparent.

I tried the page in Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera, and Chrome. Some links worked and some did not.

I wonder if the links that are not working are not actually linked?

Check each of the rectangles and make sure that each rectangle is linked, and make sure that the corresponding PDF file is in the index_html_files folder.
    Gary, each rectangle is linked.... i have to check why there are differences between the rectangles ?

I'll use the transparent white rectangles though and will get back to you!

Hi Oliver,
    you have some of the links set to the wrong page. Please check the address of Nek as it is linked to page http://www.orthopedie-ronse.be/NL/problemen.htm which is why it appears not to work.
    Hope this helps,
    Regards, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Deltapete View Post
    Hi Oliver,
    you have some of the links set to the wrong page. Please check the address of Nek as it is linked to page http://www.orthopedie-ronse.be/NL/problemen.htm which is why it appears not to work.
    Hope this helps,
    Regards, Peter
    Thanx Peter,

But i don't think that is the problem. I can hover over the Nek rectangle and see the mouse changing in the "hand" on the whole surface indicating it is clickable. When i click it referres indeed to problemen.htm which should be corrected. But in IE7 which is installed in the hospital i only get a hand sign when hovering over the white border of the rectangle and not in the center.... I have yet to try the solution Gary provided

Olivier