Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Longer captions for images? (WD6)

Hi all,

I've searched high and low, thinking someone must have bumped into this problem, but I couldn't find it addressed...

It seems that the image captions are limited to about 30 words. I am trying to get much longer captions in there. I've used the Highslide tweaks for putting the caption to the right of the image and making it nice and wide. I can paste the full description that I am looking to add in the Image Caption field in Web Properties, however when I preview the page the caption is cut off, and when I go back into the Web Properties, I see the text has been cut as well.

Any way of making the caption for images longer?

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Longer captions for images? (WD6)

The limit is 256 characters.

You will need to create your own popup layer with the image and the extended text you require.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 06 September 2010 at 09:24 PM.

Ok, thanks for the help!

Depending upon how many images you have, you might be better off putting your images on individual pop up layers and adding your captions as text and not as Hi Side captions.

Or if you want to use the Hi Side slide show function, then add the text to the image and group the caption with the image. This will create a bitmap with as much text as you want to include. The text will not be editable or searchable by search engines, but you can have as much text as you want. And you can format it any way you want to boot.