Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captcha and email

I want to put my contact info under a "captcha" lock so a user needs to do the captcha in order to see phone info or enter info into an email form. I dont want phone number and email easily picked off by bots etc. How would I do this with WD? Id prefer not to use the separate subscription website service that does that which Ive seen in the forum.Sorry- Im a total novice, absolutely love the program, but have zero programming knowledge! Appreciate anyone's help! Thanks PS ..for those of you totally annoyed by captcha which seem to get increasingly more ridiculous, they have 2-3 new approaches that are not the annoying impossible to read words- much more user friendly from what i see

Default Re: Captcha and email

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The best way to do this is to go to a third party form creation website. Build your form and add the captcha option, then generate code, and paste the code into a placeholder rectangle in Web Designer. I created a simple form for free on the Email Me Form website. I have not created any new forms so I am not sure if the five free forms offer still exists. But you can build a simple or complex form on the site, preview the form, and then generate the script.

In Web Designer or Designer, create a rectangle the same size as the form (you can resize the rectangle as needed), open the Web Properties > Placeholder tab, and paste the script into the Replace with HTML text entry window.

Press Apply and preview the page.

You can also add a page to your site with some appropriate message received copy and link to the new page from within the form.

Gary is right of course, but if you just want to enter an email address XWD will scramble it for you [spent last few minutes doing this before I saw Gary had posted so I'm going to post it anyway! ]

*Type the address and click the link button
    *Enter link in the dialogue box [WD will fill in the prefix for you if "correct automatically" is checked]
    *On preview view the source and you will see it has been encoded

PS Coffee Cup has a good form builder with captcha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	address.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	76540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	address_01.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	76541  

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks a million to Gary and Neodeist- I really appreciate your help in this- and super quick too...Ill let you know how it works out! Thanks again

One more question..is there a way for me to put captcha alone on a web page so that the user doesnt see any of the page content until the captcha is completed? Thanks again.

Need to add to John's suggestion. If the e-mail link on the page is your e-mail address, then the address will be visible in the script. If you link something like Send e-mail, then the e-mail address will not be visible in the HTML script.

What you need is a way to password protect your page. Same idea as the captch except the visitor has to key in a user id and password.

This came up just recently. Do a Search in the forums here for password protect or password protection, or password.

In addition you can do a Google search for password protection. You need one that provides a script that you can use in a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...If the e-mail link on the page is your e-mail address, then the address will be visible in the script...
    Sorry to disagree Gary but as the screenshot shows the address doesn't appear in the script code, which is where the bots would grab it I assume. But yes, the best thing to do is to write "Send Email" or attach the link to a graphic.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

au contraire John

Here is code for a simple link to gary@gwpriester.com linked to the same text.

The @ is an extended or remapped character for @. I entered this in the address text entry box on my browser and hit Enter and it launches my e-mail client which is what the mailto: command does.

Name:	link.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	76545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e-mail.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	76546  

Which application produced your email source code Gary?
    WD or DP6 doesn't write it like that for me, it's fully converted as shown in John's shots.

However, you are still right that it is not to say that the code cannot be parsed by phishing-bots.

Copy this to your browser address bar:

Code:
    mailto:gary@gwpriester.com

Name:	email-encrypted.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	76547  

Thanks again guys for part 2 of the explanations...really appreciated!