Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: line profile printing

Quote Originally Posted by try_again View Post
    Hi Masque,
    I reported this to Xara back when I purchased 4 Pro. No response. Others (I think Soquilli (sp?) and Egg Bramhill) verified it, and Sledger gave the work-around solution. The old thread should still be around here. It never was resolved on the software side of things. It seems to occur only after a specific number of strokes have been applied. Most will print, but one or two consistently will not. I do a lot of vector graphics work and it is very annoying, but I have learned to use the "print as bitmap" selection as a matter of habit now. I took exception to having to do it at first, but after awhile, if I wanted to continue using Xara, I had to grin and bear it.

ps I had to register under a new name. For some reason my old name/password wouldn't work after my last post.
    I noticed that some of the lines with the propeller profile would print while others not.

When the missing lines were copied to a new document on their own they would still not print. I would have thought this would have been sorted by now if its been around for such a long time.
    Derek

Interesting that 'print as bitmap' sorts it out This may mean it has something to do with transparency - depends how the profile shapes are 'profiled' of course

@ try_again... that thread could be here?: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ile&highlight=
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi (handrawn) Steve,
    No, it was this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...int&highlight=
    But there was a referral to the thread you just posted.

thanks mg - knew it sounded familiar..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I went through al the profiles yesterday and in my system only three would print. I didn't print every page but viewed them with Canon's print preview.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I went through al the profiles yesterday and in my system only three would print. I didn't print every page but viewed them with Canon's print preview.
    Yes, I looked last night as well with very similar results.
    It’s one of those problems that even if you know a work round bugs you as it shouldn't still be happening. I looked whether line profiles, as a result of pressure sensitive tablet drawing has any problems and they often do not print, (or show in print preview). Again I dont know if this is a known problem for Xara but I am suprised it hasn't been fixed as its an important part of the new improved drawing tools in Designer.

Derek
    Last edited by masque; 06 September 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Im finding the problems occur with the following strokes when printing directly from the program

All stroke types print when applied to a line.

The following profiles do not print when applied as a line to a shape

- decay
    - intestine
    - saw tooth
    - bevel ends
    - propeller

This seems to be the case since version 3.2. A bug has been logged accordingly

A bug has been logged accordingly
    One can wish...but here it is several versions later and the known problem still hasn't been addressed. Maybe the next version, or the one after that, or... :-)

I was intrigued by what happened yesterday Derek when I tried to print you poster. When printing your page I was getting the line as a shape with no colour fill and I couldn't understand it because I have used propeller profile many times in my cartoons in the newsletters I do for the NHS for basically for the last 2 years and I have had no problems. I started a new cartoon today again used the profile and it prints no problem straight from Xara without exporting the file. I think your file might be corrupted but it is strange that other people are reporting the same problem as you. To round it off I tried the lines using mouse and using a Wacom, with pressure recording on/off, disabled/enabled sketch mode and that a few variations and all printed so don't know what has happened with your sketch.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Stranger and stranger. I have two computers here that I've tried it on and both have the same problem. Both running windows XP pro SP3 but otherwise as different as can be regarding processor, graphics etc.
    Derek