Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do i make this My backround

How do i make this My backround. not tile thakyou
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: How do i make this My backround

Well, first of all, the background image is smaller than the page. So if the image does not tile, then the image will be hidden behind the page.

If you don't want your background image to tile, use one of John Horn's (covoxer) Tweaks. Be sure to read the readme.txt file and look at the demonstration HTML presentation which you will find in the free Zipped download.

can you plaese tell me how to do it?

I got it!!
    I had to:
    add the color by pressing the control drag,
    then unlock backround,
    modify using circular fill,
    export as .jpg,
    then inport to xara,
    use the image as backround,(deleted the original)
    use the Full Screen Bitmap Background widget plus Do not tile background widget
    and that is it
    please look at the result.

I would not use your background image. It makes the page overly image-heavy. This how I would do it - there's quite possibly a better way(s). Please note that I am using Designer Pro, so if some of this functionality is not available in Web Designer, please say so and I'll find an alternative way to do it:
    1. Start with a new page
    2. Go to the colour bar at the bottom and click on the solid black and drag it onto the white of your page. Let go when the cursor shows a white rectangle. The page will turn black and a new layer "Page background" will be created.
    3. Right-click on the layer "Page background" and select New layer. Call it "White glow".
    4. With this new layer selected, select the Ellipse tool and click on the Pure white colour.
    5. Draw a circle overlapping the top and left edge of the page (as shown)
    6. Select the Transparency tool, choose "Circular" from the shape droplist and drag the tool from the centre of your white circle to just before the outer edge
    7. Select another colour (I've used 90% black) and drop it onto the Pasteboard (the grey area around your web page).
    8. Preview your web page

I hope this helps you both with creating a web page background and setting a website background
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page_background.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	76535  
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Ah, now I see what you were trying to achieve! Well done for having found the solution yourself!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thank you baret, your method is really good. But what i wanted to create is a circular glow away from the area of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    I would not use your background image. It makes the page overly image-heavy. This how I would do it - there's quite possibly a better way(s). Please note that I am using Designer Pro, so if some of this functionality is not available in Web Designer, please say so and I'll find an alternative way to do it:
    1. Start with a new page
    2. Go to the colour bar at the bottom and click on the solid black and drag it onto the white of your page. Let go when the cursor shows a white rectangle. The page will turn black and a new layer "Page background" will be created.
    3. Right-click on the layer "Page background" and select New layer. Call it "White glow".
    4. With this new layer selected, select the Ellipse tool and click on the Pure white colour.
    5. Draw a circle overlapping the top and left edge of the page (as shown)
    6. Select the Transparency tool, choose "Circular" from the shape droplist and drag the tool from the centre of your white circle to just before the outer edge
    7. Select another colour (I've used 90% black) and drop it onto the Pasteboard (the grey area around your web page).
    8. Preview your web page

I hope this helps you both with creating a web page background and setting a website background

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Ah, now I see what you were trying to achieve! Well done for having found the solution yourself!