Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Movie Player Questions for Web Designer 6

I want to post some videos on my website using WebDesigner 6 - they are FLV format, and I'd like to use the imbedded player. Question is this: How do I display a representative frame on the player screen rather than the arrow in a circle? Secondly, how do I stop it the video from continuously looping? Thirdly, can I include a control to have it play larger (e.g., 2X or full-screen) controlled by the viewer? Help please and thanx!
    Tom

Default Re: Movie Player Questions for Web Designer 6

Welcome to TalkGraphics Tom

I think you will need to convert your FLV files to SWF, and there are many free applications (do a Google search) that can do the conversions.

One method that works (might not be the best one), is to do a screen capture of the movie. Then upload the SWF file to your server and link the screen capture to the file on your server.

Never mind about the convert to SWF. I just looked and you can import a FLV file.

Not sure about the enlarge options.

Default Re: Movie Player Questions for Web Designer 6

If you want your own custom player, as in embedded in a placeholder, one option is the freely available flowplayer and their are a few others out their by searching google. One player that I've used in the past is http://www.gdd.ro/free-flash-flv-player that seems to fit the bill. More advanced users will probably chime in shortly.

Cheers