Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating a Single Page - Default page missing!

Hi

I started off with one of the templates and then ended up customising it a lot using other designs. I want to find out how I open just a blank page? I think I may have inadvertently deleted my default template. Basically I want to open a blank page and then add features to it, is this possible? A messasge comes up when I click on the blank page icon and says could not find etc etc.

Any ideas how to get my default template back and is this just a blank page?

The only way I could think of was to remove the software then reinstall it!?

Any advice appreicated.

Thanks
    Darren

Default Re: Creating a Single Page - Default page missing!

Welcome to TalkGraphics Darren

Please take a moment to update your user profile to include which product or products you are working with. This will help us identify what product you need help with.

File > Open > C:\Program Files > Xara (your product) > Templates > EN

In newer versions of Windows go to Program Files (x86)

You can also set up a custom template just that way you want then File > Save Template. In the Save Template dialog, there is a check box that you can check if you want this to be your default template. So the next time you click the new page icon, it will open your template.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	templates.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	76435  

Hi
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I seem to have 2 xara files in my program files. When I click on ENG I'm given one option of INDEX. It won't open though, and Xara does not appear in the list of programs I can use when I click 'open with'. The other Xara file has a few choices, such as 640, 760 955 pix web page, animation and blank photo - again though none of these open and Xara is not in the program list to help me open them.

Is there a way that I can cut a page out of one of the pre designed pages that I have adjusted and use that as a template? This would be better for me as I'm happy with the pages I have designed and would like to reuse one of these but I can seem to find how to add a page to a pre designed website or take one away.

Apologies again, if I'm asking stuff that has already been asked, I have looked through the forums and did a google search and can't find the answer.

Thanks in advance.
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by DAZZLER1607 View Post
    The only way I could think of was to remove the software then reinstall it!?
    That would be my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    In newer versions of Windows go to Program Files (x86)
    What Gary means is that in 32bit versions of Windows (old and new) it is named \Program Files
    While with 64bit versions (old a new) it is named \Program Files (x86)

Thanks. Can you direct me as to how to add a single page? Or cut a page from a designed site and then add it as a separate file?

I'm not that bothered about the template, I followed the instructions above but it doesn't help add the template back into Xara. If I can learn how to add a single page i.e cut and paste then that would be great. I just can't seem to figure out how to remove a page from one of the templates, it doesn't offer me such an option anywhere (that I can see anway).

Darren

NOW SORTED, I UNINSTALLED IT AND REINSTALLED AND THE DEFAULT IS BACK SO CAN EASILY ADD AND REMOVE NOW. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR INPUT.
    Last edited by DAZZLER1607; 29 August 2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Problem now resolved!