Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Word press or Joomla templates

Just wondering if it is possible to design Word press or Joomla templates with Dpro or Web Designer?

Default Re: Word press or Joomla templates

The easy answer is not a chance in hell!

The longer answer is both Joomla and Wordpress rely on database driven text content, something Xara-derived websites do not handle at all.

There's nothing, however, preventing you designing the graphics in Xara and then porting them off into Dreamweaver for insertion into your template design.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

If you are using XDPro or WD for the graphical end I'd say yes, but for the actual coding required I think that would be a daunting task. There are plugins for HTML Editors out their that can help, or hard coding with notepad. XDPro or WD are quite unique tools to VISUALLY design your web site and then export What you see exactly as intended. Now to try and drill down into the HTML output and edit it, along with the internal CSS and roe.js etc to conform to the rules of template designing in either Joomla or Wordpress would be an incredibly hard task. Heck, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it

Cheers

Edit: I see Beretgascn has posted just as was writting and his short answer sums it up quite well "Not a chance in Hell".

Thanks, I meant designing the graphics only. Then taking that into joomla or wp and working from there.