Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Post Question - Regarding how the searchEngine Spiders treats the Rectangles in Xara WD 6

hello,

I am making changes in my website, as i didnt like the white background. So, this time I am using the Infrastructure template, as I liked the Blue color.
    In this template, they have rectangle which covers whole Page and lighten the blue color, which looks really good.

The question is - If put Text over those rectangles, can the Search Engines Spiders read the text, or it will consider the rectangle as a Picture? This question popped up in ma mind as i was working on the fourth page. So, I will proceed with using the rectangles only after getting the reply.

Manu
    Last edited by gutterleech; 07 October 2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Question - Regarding how the searchEngine Spiders treats the Rectangles in Xara W

Simplest way to determine what the search engine sees is to "View Source" on your web browser. If you can see the text in the source HTML then so can the robots. If you can't, neither can they.

Default Re: Question - Regarding how the searchEngine Spiders treats the Rectangles in Xara W

Thanks i did that, but i dont know nything aobut html

I checked with many texts, just for example, I had the text " Convert Visitors to a Guaranteed Sale over that rectangle.

And when I searched it in the page source, I found the below inscribed code.
    Does this means that the robot will also be able to find the text?

<span class="xr_tl" style="left: 38px; top: -12px;"><span class="xr_s17">Convert visitor to a guaranteed sale</span></span>

Yes.

You could use this tool if you are having problems:

http://www.feedthebot.com/tools/spider/index.php

thank u for your prompt reply.