Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Disappearing Page Shadows

Hi all,

Having a weird problem with previewing my home page. Whilst working on that page it sports a shadow around both the right side and the bottom. When I preview the site from within the program, the shadow disappears from the right side, but is still present on the bottom.

Any ideas, gang?

Best,

Doc

Default Re: Disappearing Page Shadows

Hi Doc, can you post your XAR file please (or a derivative that exhibits the same behaviour)? I had a similar problem recently and fixed it, but it was one of those that you have to see in front of you to fix.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

beretgascon,

Thanks for replying. Even after two reinstalls I'm beginning to think there's a whole lot more wrong with this program then the devs are letting on. I'm throwing internal program errors left and right and no one is responding to them.

As to the page shadow problem, I'll try and post this one page that won't show the right edge shadow. Publishing this page shows the bottom but not the right. Every other page in the site, ten of them, shows both of the shadows. The weird thing is while working on the page in the program the right shadow shows up just fine.

Thanks for trying to help.

Thing is Doc, there are a whole lot of people not experiencing the errors you are. This suggests something specific to you computer which is conflicting with Xara.
    Best advice is to contact Xara Support with as many details as possible. Include information about your OS, Security Software and a list of other TSR type programs which start with Windows.
    If you can reliably repeat the errors - write down these steps and if possible supply a file for Xara to test. This helps them help you

Hi again doceye

It's difficult to diagnose without seeing the file, and without it I'm beginning to suspect a PC problem, graphics card or memory. I hope you can post the file so I/we can check it out on various PCs. The things you've posted are not what I'm seeing on my PC.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Sledger, The fact no one else has gone to the trouble to report these PEs only means that ... not that no one else is experiencing them. Further, I'm having zero problems with any other (of about three and a half dozen) programs on my computer. From my perspective that means the problems (PEs) I've been having are probably the program, not my machine.

Perspective is an interesting thing, it is always colored by what we want out of a given situation. My goal when I paid for this program was to have it run without crashing, throwing repeated errors, or forcing me to perform numerous re-installs. Is a different goal affecting your perspective?

As helpful as you seem to be on this forum, you might want to examine how your writing can come across tone-wise. It is, at times, to me, a wee condescending.

Hi again doc. I can see you point and almost feel your frustration, but I have the Xara DP6 CD sitting on the desk in front of me where it has lain since it arrived in the post weeks ago. I simply can't be bothered to install over a program that hasn't thrown up a single error or bug since I downloaded it before purchase, even though the CD is a later version than the last downloadable update. As you can see, different experiences of exactly the same program.

But here's an idea. Have you installed the program on another computer and tried your file in there? Being in the IT business I have the luxury of many machines and OSs to choose from. I currently have XDP6 installed on a WinXP 32 2Gb laptop and a Win Vista 64 8Gb workstation. The graphics cards are wildly different yet the program behaves identically on both machines. That's not to say the program is free of bugs, it's just saying that I'm not experiencing any.

Try the file on another PC. If that's not possible, post it on here so someone can do it for you!
    Avoiding Manual Labour.