Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Forum Upgrade - Weds 18th August 2010 10:00 UK time

I think we should all be patient, this has been a major change and this is most likely a default theme used I'm guessing to get the forum back up and running quickly. While it is a good thing to make suggestions we should all keep in mind that TG is going through many changes right now and those behind the scenes are doing their best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I hope getting the search facility back up and running properly is on the list - at the moment it seems impossible to search pre-update unless you have a tag [unless I'm missing something again]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

vBulletin 4 is a completely different architecture. That means lots of stuff, including the overall 'look', can't be imported. A lot of aesthetic stuff can be tweaked in due course.

Physically things not working are more important. Like by handrawn's statement it sounds like the search isn't working... which means the search index probably needs to be rebuilt (which we can do).
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Thanks Antony
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have repaired some stuff... will do search tomorrow. It requires my computer being on, and I'm off to bed. So will do it, or get a Xara guy to do it, tomorrow.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    2) We've lost the list of versions and products in the post header. Since it's hard to get users to include the version of the software they're using, that info was helpful in responding to questions.
    This information it still available in the member's profile Alison.

Hi,
    Not sure I like the new color scheme on the forum hard for my old eyes to read..and it doesn't 'Remember' me everytime I visit I have to log-in even tho' I tick 'remember me" and I have cookies enabled.
    JimM

haha! Thought I was on the wrong forums.

I'm completely lost with this new look, I can't find and see things as easy as before, I DO NOT LIKE HOW IT LOOKS/WORKS LIKE, it's a mess for my eyes.
    Changes are not always good, it feels like a beta version, many things are weird....., before I can easily see what threads I've already visited, now it is impossible or at least it's not intuitive for me, it brings to my memory the UNIX HELP MANUAL or java help.
    I'm sorry if somebody feels touched with my comments, I know that people works so hard to make changes, but changes are for people and I think it is a step backward.
    Best regards
    Javier

Quote Originally Posted by jvila View Post
    ...before I can easily see what threads I've already visited, now it is impossible or at least it's not intuitive for me...
    I tend to use the new posts feature mostly and could see, almost at a glance, how many there were etc. This version makes it more of a struggle
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64