Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

or anyone that will know about this.....

I just bought ZoneAlarm Pro today, YUP, it's time to do the 'firewall' thing........I can't get permission for MailWasher to go out and get my headers for me. I thought I had it all set up right but I obviously don't.

Can you, ole' buddy, ole' pal [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img], or anyone, ole' buddies, ole' pals, help this little Wolff out????

Thank so much [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

or anyone that will know about this.....

I just bought ZoneAlarm Pro today, YUP, it's time to do the 'firewall' thing........I can't get permission for MailWasher to go out and get my headers for me. I thought I had it all set up right but I obviously don't.

Can you, ole' buddy, ole' pal [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img], or anyone, ole' buddies, ole' pals, help this little Wolff out????

Thank so much [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard, ole' buddy, ole' pal ... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am flattered that you think I can help you with this. Well, maybe I can ...

It's usually a matter of permissions that you can set 'on the fly' or inside the program.
    When you first install ZA and then start Mailwasher or any other program that wants internet access, you will get a popup from ZA, asking if this access is OK or not.

You may then either choose to grant or refuse the connection, either this time only or permanently.
    If you change your mind later, go to "Program Control" - "Programs" and check your options.

Here comes a screenshot of my ZA and the setting for my mailprogram. Mailwasher should work with the same settings, I don't think it will require server rights.

If this does not help, just yell ...

Your buddypal

http://www.yump.com/images/wolfgang_run.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zap.gif 
Views:	267 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	11572  

buddy, pal oh mine!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Unfortunetly, I did that and I couldn't access the mail program OR MailWasher. So something is amiss!!! I could go on line and surf and all that, but ANYTHING having to do with the mail programs, nuh uh!!! I uninstalled it and that was a mess too. You have to make sure that EVERY setting is OFF and there are NO programs in the programs tile or the virtual browser feature will still be ON, even if you have it set to OFF, really not so good in my book. Made me feel like my system was hijacked by this software or something!!! I wrote Tech Support about it and hopefull they will have a solution forthwith, if not I have wasted $40.00.......not the firts time!!!

Thanks again, very nice of ya to lend a hand and a screen shot!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] What-A-Man!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (in a good way, of course [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Everything for you honey [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

First of all, I have no problems at all with Zone Alarm. Before 3.0 I had the free version (2.6 ??) and it also worked very well.
    At first the alerts are a bit nagging, but after you set the rules for everything ZA keeps silent most of the time and just does it's job ...

First try setting the "Mail Safe" settings to "off" and see if it helps.

If not, there may be other processes that require internet access but are not named Mailwasher or so.
    You might try doing it the hard way: Go to the Program Control window (like in my screenshot) and remove *all* entries by right-clicking them and then choosing "remove". After that, start up your mailprogram and pop-ups from ZA asking for permission should appear. If you give all those processes access-rights you should be fine ..

If all that does not help, find out the IP of your mailserver (by PINGing it or asking your provider) and add this IP to the "Trusted Zone" ("Firewall" - "Zones"). I had to do this for two FTP-servers that I have to access frequently. It would not work any other way.

Did any of it help ??

Thanks so much for the help. It actually DID help me!! I re-installed the beast and am on line and got my e-mail working and my MailWasher working and I feel protected. Still have that feeling that my computer is under some pretty heavy control but I guess "good control" as apossed to "bad control" from some malcious *sshole out on the web with no life hacking into my space....NO OK!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

So thanks buddy oh mine...........

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Glad I could be of service [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]