Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool 15 August Xara Xone - Clock Tutorial II - Featured Artist - FREE

The Clock Tutorial Part II

The Featured Artist Gallery

Remember to reload the pages in your browser if you don't see the current content.

A giant thank you to Derek (masque) for putting together this month's Featured Artist Gallery. I still have no idea how he achieves so much realism in his images. OK, I do understand how he does it actually. He is incredibly detail oriented and thorough in his drawing. And of course, drawing is seeing, and Derek has very excellent powers of observation. And did I mention talented?

About 40 steps in the conclusion of the clock tutorial. Somewhere near 70 steps in all when you combine both parts. I'm glad that's over.

Your comments, questions, etc. are always welcome. And do show us your finished clocks when you complete the tutorial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15-aug-10-xone-preview.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	75403  

Default Re: 15 August Xara Xone - Clock Tutorial II - Featured Artist - FREE

Been waiting for part 2 so I can have a go at the whole thing

Amazing work from Derek isn't it! Every picture is interesting, worth looking at, if you know what I mean. Even an onion!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Absolutely agree, a master at the very least.

Thanks again Gary for the tutorial, will start it once my car is fixed....holidays and had a long tow of $540 Canadian....fuel to engine issue...but a great experience talking with the truck driver.

Will start tutorial soon and post results.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Well, here's my clock.. It's not as good as I wanted it to be though..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clock.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	75432  
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

I think it looks good. You have all the elements of the tutorial and the dark wood gives it an interesting contrast. What is it that you don't like about the clock?

Thanks for the tutorial, Gary. It will have to wait until I have a free month or so...
    It's a real pleasure to see Derek's Greatest Hits all in one place, a superb collection it is, too.
    @ Marcia, Your clock looks really good, I know we all criticize our own work, probably too harshly,
    but that is understandable as we see the imperfections in what we create more readily than others. But this is a very fine piece.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

The clock itself is ok, but the wood of the case is too dark and has a different coloured highlight as the round clock frame Maybe I'm going to change that, if I can find the time.. Thanks anyway for your compliments Psaumure and Bob
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Did you use a different wood pattern, Marcia? It looks terrific to me. I like the top of the chair too. Nice touch.

I love it Marcia. The weathered olive yellow crépis of the wall is really warm and contrasts really well with the clock and chair. I think it's a great job!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I like the dark wood in your clock, Marcia. It feels more like an old part of the family, comfortable and homey. And as beretgascon says, it works really well with the background which is also well done.