Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Zebtoonz Productions 2010 reel

Great stuff: I particularly like the building knock-down sequence.

...On the down side, once again you tempt me to re-open negotiations with my Wife that I really DO need Toon Boom Studio to complement Xara...

Tovokas

Great presentation!

flows well Zeb - a good presentation
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by tovokas View Post
    Great stuff: I particularly like the building knock-down sequence.

...On the down side, once again you tempt me to re-open negotiations with my Wife that I really DO need Toon Boom Studio to complement Xara...

Tovokas
    Well, it has opened a whole new world to me for sure! Up until two years ago I was only able to do static images, which is fine, but bringing your artwork to life, that's a whole other ballgame. And the virtually seamless integration between Xara and TBS made it all click. Now I can take any illustration I made in Xara and animate it.

Also, I'd just go for Toon Boom Studio if money is an issue ($300 until the 18th) and you want to get your feet wet. Toon Boom has other software that can do more and cost more. But TBS helps you to see how you like animation and makes you keep it relatively simple--at least compared to their higher end products. But I almost prefer it that way as it ensures I strive to keep it simple.

Excellent work there - I always find your stuff inspirational!

Hey Zeb, what version of "Toon Boom Studio " is on sale till the 18th, I saw "Toon Boom Studio 4.5" at Amazon for $69.00, is that the version ? Just curious, I thought of getting it, but I don't know a thing about cartooning, is it a good beginner program

Merv

Quote Originally Posted by ontos View Post
    Hey Zeb, what version of "Toon Boom Studio " is on sale till the 18th, I saw "Toon Boom Studio 4.5" at Amazon for $69.00, is that the version ? Just curious, I thought of getting it, but I don't know a thing about cartooning, is it a good beginner program
    It's the latest version 5. You can find it on Toon Boom's homepage. Personally, I use version 4.5 so if you can get it for that price, I'd go for it. Version 5 is not that much different. As for your cartooning skills, you can always use existing art or even photos like the JibJab guys do.