Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Siggraph

Any of you guys going down to Siggraph this weekend?

Note: Siggraph 2003 is actually Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I say "this weekend" because most of the big companies, Alias, NewTek, etc, are throwing some nice parties before Siggraph starts.

Any of you guys going down to Siggraph this weekend?

Note: Siggraph 2003 is actually Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I say "this weekend" because most of the big companies, Alias, NewTek, etc, are throwing some nice parties before Siggraph starts.

I will not be attending, but... it sure sounds like a ton of fun

Hi Earl...

Ya I wish

Amongst all other goodies BP3D ver 2,C4D 8.2,I am also assuming PS8,and I believe Studio Max has some new groundbreaking add on to Max they are going to announce.

We need a drooling smily

{damn login wont let me in}

Stu.

Yeah Stu, I wish I could go down there too. I'm only about 17 hours away (driving) but there's just too much to do next week and not enough spare change.

Hey, if there's anyone who does a lot of compositing (whether for video, film, tv, or just still images) Digial Fusion 4 (well, DFX+) is being given away for free with an upgrade or new purchase of LightWave 8 (being announced at SIGGRAPH). I've never used Digital Fusion, but I've seen some demos of it and I gotta say, it's REALLY nice. Of course, the hollywood project list that it's used for is endless, but the workflow (node-based) layout they use for compositing is really neat. Anyhow...just fyi...

Digital Fusion's website is here: (download available)
    eyeon's Digital Fusion