Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 COFFEECUP VSD to XDP6?

Some of you please tell me that you've happily moved from using Coffeecup's Visual Site Designer (6.0) - to Xara Web Designer - and indeed by definition, to XDP6 (I've only got the latter).

The Coffeecup Form builder is very powerful, and the Photo gallery is reasonable - both of which I assume can be used in an XDP6 website design project through use of the placeholder function.

I work totally 'visually' with website design, and in principle, XDP6 should be my best friend - but I would just like some real-world examples of migration/defection, if there are any out there! It would mean I get to use one less program and speed up workflow (website designer by profession).

Thanks in advance,

Arif

Cool Re: COFFEECUP VSD to XDP6?

I have CC form builder and have found it very useful. I also have have XDP6 but have not yet found the form builder.
    My Advice
    Keep your CC FB as it takes up very little room and as I said it's very useful

Default Re: COFFEECUP VSD to XDP6?

Quote Originally Posted by barnswallace View Post
    I also have have XDP6 but have not yet found the form builder.
    That because there isn't one.
    However, there are form widgets in the designs gallery. These instantly link to the relative form service and allow easy embedding of the resulting script into your page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	form-widgets.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	75305

I took a look at the widgets but wasn't fussy on them. I like CC form building better and easy to insert into Xara.
    See: http://www.vshbbsurveys.com/order.htm
    just my humble opinion.
    --
    Phillip
    --
    Phillip

The form above is not very complete. If a field isn't filled in a floating box appears alerting that a field hasn't been filled in correctly. Is this a guessing game or a query form? The field in question should be highlighted or at least the focus should be returned to the field that requires attention.

There's no mask input for the date either.

Sorry but if i run into forms like these when I'm trying to communicate with a web site owner i just give up and go to a site that works.

only my 2 cents.
    I ate my crayon.