Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background Image Help

Hi Everyone

My name is Chris and I am a first time poster (sounds like rehab) and I am just getting to grips with Xara Web Designer, I was using NetObjects Fusion but it kept doing weird things to my link images and kept changing them (no idea why).

The first issue I have come up against is background images, I have two and I have placed the first back ground image Bitmap Gallery then choose background, but when I go to my next page and try doing this with my second image Xara overwrites my first background placement.

How can I get around this problem?

Thanks

Chris

Smile Re: Background Image Help

Welcome to TalkGraphhics Chris

I too am a NOF user but I rarely use it any more. Only for very large sites.

I think All Pages in Website the Same Size my be checked (right click on the page and select Page Options > Page Size. This is the default setting and causes all new pages to be the same size as the first.

This might cause all of your pages to format the same as well.

In NetObjects Fusion you can keep adding text and the page will expand vertically to accommodate the text. In Web Designer, you can drag the bottom of the page to extend it as much as you need. But with

You can also hold down the Ctrl key and drag and drop a bitmap from the Bitmap Gallery onto your page and/or onto the pasteboard (the area outside of the page).

Default Re: Background Image Help

As always, Gary is correct. This also applies to XX5 and XDP6 as well of course. If you uncheck "All pages in document the same" you can insert a different background for every web page.

I wasn't aware of the Ctrl +drag to change page length. Thanks for that tip Gary.

The page width can be also be drag-resized from the right edge.
    No need to hold Ctrl for this (or page length dragging)

Hi Guy's

Thanks for the help that was really useful