Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pop-Up Level as back/forward link

Hello,
    I have built a foto-gallery with thumnails and a screen-space where the thumbnails should pop-up.
    Other than with High-Slide functionality, I would like to have the thumbnails popin`-up at a special area in a special design. This works fine in general.
    But for a more ease usage, I would like to add a backward and forward button next to that foto-area. So, people do not necessarily need to click on a thumbnail to make it appearing in the foto-area, but using the buttons it will call a pop-up layer which shows the next foto.
    The problem is, when I use as link: "web properties-links-pop up level" and then chossing from the selection the certain targeted pop-up level I have created, it does not work smoothly.
    The links work perfectly but the propblem is:
    When the user does stick with the mouse over the button-link to click through the slide-show, it does not change the slides and it stucks.
    Only once the used moves away from the button and comes back again, the link works properly.
    But, the normal behaviour is to stay on the button and click one after the other through the slide-show.
    What did I make wrong ? Where is my mistake ?
    Or does this only work with a special code ?
    (I tried the back/forward button from the tweak, but this does not work with pop-up level, I gues)
    Thanks for comments,
    regards,
    Holger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide-Issue HK.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	75236  

Default Re: Pop-Up Level as back/forward link

Hello Holger

I am not sure if I understand what you want to do. But if you use the built in slide show capability, you automatically get the next image, last image buttons. If you do not want to have the thumbnail images, just center all the thumbnail images and hide them all behind the first image.

You can center the pop up photo on the screen by adding this scrip to a placeholder rectangle:

<script type="text/javascript">hs.align = "center";</script>

And name the rectangle <head>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide-show.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	75242  

Gary,
    thanks for comments.
    The problem with HighSlide is, that the pop-up comes up whereas same time the rest of the screen got somewhat dark (one can adjust it, I know).
    Si finally you are no longer on the real, original web-site but on a cover-layer.
    In addition there is no nice frame around the pop-up and there is no nice design, just the pop-up.
    I want to pop-up in a special frame area with a nice surrounding design, which is part of the nomral side. To do this, I want to make by own the back and forward buttons (but also keep the thumbnails in its area.)
    but than the problem occurs as described above in my posting.
    So I wonder how I can make these HS arrows to move back and forward by own.
    Regards,
    Holger

You could always have an iframe in the initial popup which opens another page in your design. This page can have multi-layers each with photo and a button which when clicked shows the next layer/photo and so on.

Thanks Sledger,
    will check the idea with i-frames , didn`t get to my mind yet but sounds interesting, maybe it helps to strike my targets
    Regards,
    Holger

Good luck. Remember, no hyphen in <iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    This page can have multi-layers each with photo and a button which when clicked shows the next layer/photo and so on.
    OK, got it.
    Unfortunately unsolved
    To set-up all in WD-6 works fine with multi-layers for pictures. One does not necessarily need the iframe set-up. But if working with iframe, its more or less the same, so no real value for iframe in this case.
    But why these buttons don`t work without first moving the mouse out of its area and not while staying onto with the mouse for each clicked layer?
    The answer:
    It works fine in the pre-view and it works fine with IE.
    But it does not with Firefox.
    Don`t ask me why.
    Because too many visitors of my side use Firefox, I can`t go that way.
    What a petty.
    Regards,
    Holger

Can you post a sample of what you have done?
    Using Xara's own tools I've not come across anything which isn't compatible with all browsers.
    I'd imagine the developers would also like to know more about this too.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Can you post a sample of what you have done?
    OK here we go.
    Needed to make a small sample only with graphics, to not exceeding the allowed file size for attachments.
    But the sample shows what I mean.
    Attached is the original .web file.
    Again:
    The WD-6 preview shows, everything is ok and has full functionality.
    After exporting into html, the different browers show different effects.
    If you export it into a html and than open the index with IE, it works fine.
    Now open the same index file with Firefox and you can see that you can not click to next picture, without prior remove the cursor from the button.
    I use Firefox 3.6.8 and IE 7
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not seeing that here with FF 3.6
    I can click anywhere within the 'hot' area of each button and it works perfectly.
    Same with Chrome, Opera and Safari.