Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I had to do some exploded views of an illustration and so used the clipview function.

The exploded views were clipped into ovals. The result didn't look right with the hard edges of the oval frame. I thought I see if the feathering tool would work and IT DOES. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clipview.gif 
Views:	257 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	7046  

I had to do some exploded views of an illustration and so used the clipview function.

The exploded views were clipped into ovals. The result didn't look right with the hard edges of the oval frame. I thought I see if the feathering tool would work and IT DOES. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

what a clip view is-but great drawing john!!!
    so...er...what is it?
    eric

To use it, go the Arrange Menu, then ClipView. Basically CV allows you put a bunch of objects into another object (the rear most one of a selection).... sort of a vector "frame" or mask. The Help File will give you all the details.

Thanks for the compliment.

This is a barscreen. The blue arrow represents the flow of fluids in a channel which passes through a series of long, thin, vertical bars. The bars block (filter) any solids in the flow. Eventually, when a lot of debris piles up, a comb rakes the debris, is raised and scrapped clean, and then lowered back into the channel. Where is it used? Well I won't go into details ... you can find them at the "front end" of a wastewater treatment plant ... I don't think you want to know anymore [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I agree with Eric - Nice illustration John. Too bad you had to tell us it was a condom catcher. We could have had a contest to guess what it is for!

I didn't know you could do that with a clipview. Good tip - I'll have to start using clipview on of these days.

Regards, Ross

You think CC catcher, eh. I'll pass that onto the engineers.

Sometimes those critters get through. Rather embarassing for a tour guide when a high school science class toured a treatment plant and someone asked him what those weird (inflated) white balloons floating atop the clarifier pool were.

Great tip/discovery John.

I bet you could also create an accelerated blend on a path with your clipped view. That's the awesome thing about Xara. It just does not realize that these are things it should not be able to do :-)

When I was doing my Neon Interface session at the CorelWorld Conference, I kept looking for the feathering slider. And the way DRAW 10 applies a rounded corner to a thick line is irksome. Not a nice smooth round corner but a blunt-edged affair.

Xara rocks.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg