Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Creative input for animation

Guys,

I created this website http://www.enerlightingusa.com and would love to make it come alive with animation.

I have been playing with the animation tool and finally seem to understand it.

The links on the page I would like to animate, like rotation. What would you suggest?

Since we are marketing a new lighting technology, I would like to have an animation that lights up, that implementation escapes me, but I like the idea, perhaps the sun.

Thanks for the input
    Last edited by ruffino; 08 August 2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: fixed link
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

Info Re: Creative input for animation

I would probably animate something like this in After Effects using lens flares and then exporting as swf for the web. After Effects is my specialty, web design came second. My animation could then be linked with hotspots if WD supported it.

Default Re: Creative input for animation

I would use Xara3D6 to create the mouseover animation and lighting.
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

Thumbs up Re: Creative input for animation, Now LOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by aridzone View Post
    I would use Xara3D6 to create the mouseover animation and lighting.
    GREAT Idea! I forgot I even had this program. I also didn't know you could do shapes, so a simple rotating sphere was all I needed.

NOW LOOK at it www.enerlightingusa.com

All buttons are rotating planets. takes a second or two to lad but boy it is much nicer!

Perhaps I can reduce the resolution on the gif's and it will load faster. The gif's stop rotating, how can i have them repeat?
    Last edited by ruffino; 09 August 2010 at 02:29 AM. Reason: lookimng for solution
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

Default Re: Creative input for animation, Now LOOK!

Your gifs should be animated against a blue background to remove that white edge that sits around them. It seems odd that the text revolution isn't consistent across all of the planets. Quite hard to read (VERY hard to read) the text on the small version of the rotating planets.

I'm not quite sure how the space theme fits the USP of your product or that the site really brings the USP to the fore.
    Last edited by pauland; 09 August 2010 at 07:42 AM.

Default Re: Creative input for animation, Now LOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Your gifs should be animated against a blue background to remove that white edge that sits around them. It seems odd that the text revolution isn't consistent across all of the planets. Quite hard to read (VERY hard to read) the text on the small version of the rotating planets.

I'm not quite sure how the space theme fits the USP of your product or that the site really brings the USP to the fore.
    THank you for the advic, didnt think about the blue background, also the input on the space theme.

Any thoughts on the rotation stopping?

I can englarge the small planets, but I put mouse over text on them to help.
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

Default Re: Creative input for animation

In animation options check loop.
    Just to let you know you could have kept your original buttons and have them rotate also. Play around that's how you learn.
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

Thumbs up Check it out

I applied the suggestion of dark background on my animated gif's and they look great.

www.enerlightingusa.com

Site is coming along,

Thanks guys/gals
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

Default Re: Check it out

Hi, can I ask who your target audience is? I have a couple of suggestions, but they might not be relevant.

Default Re: Check it out

Michael, as a personal site, it's fine to gain expertise and play with new tools.

I think there are differrent qualities involved in building websites and marketing product, compared to manufacturing innovation. I don't think the current site does your product and company justice.

Think hard about getting some professional design/marketing advice (and I don't mean me).

Paul