Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upload problem

Default Re: upload problem

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    No, when you Save, you are saving the XAR file. In order to FTP your files you have to hit Publish
    I do not want to publish at this stage and I presume that publish means uploading. Just need to know if any changes are saved by pressing the save button without having to replace all the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by werkzeug View Post
    I do not want to publish at this stage and I presume that publish means uploading.
    Yep.

Just need to know if any changes are saved by pressing the save button without having to replace all the pages.
    All changes are saved into the XAR when you click Save. But your web pages are only updated (changed) when you click Export website

SAVE = save the XAR file
    EXPORT = export as HTML from WD or XDP to your hard drive
    PUBLISH = FTP to your web server

Thank you for explaining this to me. I have been doing web sites for ten years now and any other web authoring tool I have used up to now only needed to press the save icon once and it was done. Xara apparently has not found how to link this up. So I have to get use to this and remembering it. Thanks again.
    How do I get anything that I produce it Xara 3D 6 into XWD6? Just copy and paste? I will have to try it.

Xara apparently has not found how to link this up.
    That's because you are still thinking 'HTML Editor'
    It's been pointed out many times on the forum that Web Designer is not a HTML editor. It's a HTML generator.
    You need to understand that the project file is the *.web file (in your case) which is the native file for Web Designer.
    It is this file which you are saving when you press the 'save' button.
    It's only when you select 'Export' or 'Publish' that your project file (the *.web file) is send through the HTML filter and converted to HTML.

AHA! Thanks for the enlightment Sledger.