Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Design workflow - the new, new way

When designing a website (usingXP6) do Two versions need to be created, one for the internet, and one for iphones?

Where do you Dev types go to keep up with the latest Flash wars?

Goodbye Flash: YouTube mobile goes HTML5 on iPhone and Android
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Default Re: Design workflow - the new, new way

iphone and ipad and other e-book applications require different specs. A Google search for how to prepare material for iphone publication will probably be more helpful.

Though I do have to say that most of the sites I've created in Xara have actually worked out ok on iPhone and Droids. There are a few spots where they go off, but it's primarily only with html forms in placeholders that don't seem to behave quite right.

Aside from those, my sites have generally looked ok. YMMV

re Flash and HTML 5... it's not that interesting to me what format you display videos in... H.264, AVI, WMV, or Flash's FLV. Who cares? As long as the format is supported by whatever device you're aiming it at.
    What REALLY gets interesting is when you make interactive animations (aka movies,videos) where the user controls content delivery and pacing. If you're not aware of the corporate/military eLearning world, google it out. And here we're definitely looking at Flash SWFs for most of the content, since animated Flash SWFs are fairly easy to create with programs like Xara, Flash, Swish, and Captivate. Take this challenge: find me a program that generates HTML5 code that allows you to put a user-clickable hotspot on a precise part of an image for a given length of time. Something simple like that. Don't be alarmed, but I don't think Dreamweaver folks even know what I'm talking about. As to the future, of course some new interactive technology will come along and knock Flash off. But I don't see it on the horizon yet. Do you?