Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can I stop using/upgrading Web Designer 6 ... (more detail inside)

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    I think you will find that there is a discount, they just don't show it. When I checked out the price for XDP6 was less than the quoted upgrade price - I have both xtreme pro 5.0 and WD6.

Grace
    Hi, Grace.

On the Xara upgrade page Xara Upgrade Page, all I see is a $99 cost to upgrade from XX5 or XXPro5 to XDP6.

And a separate $39 cost to upgrade from XX5 to PGD6.

Every other upgrade listed on that page is more expensive in general.

I also went back through my e-mail offers and do not see any other upgrade cost information.

So ... is there any other specific web page that you are referring to? Or some other source for any lower upgrade costs?

Z

When I got to checkout, the price was $92 including postage. I was going to buy anyway I found that WD6 was missing too many of the goodies in Xtreme Pro 5 and I did not like having to use two programs for one job. I am happy I did. Maybe next year I won't be so impatient and restrain from buying the web upgrade.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

When I got to checkout, the price was $92 including postage. I was going to buy anyway I found that WD6 was missing too many of the goodies in Xtreme Pro 5 and I did not like having to use two programs for one job. I am happy I did. Maybe next year I won't be so impatient and restrain from buying the web upgrade.
    Ah, interesting!

I tried to do the same to see what happened. I added the XX5 -> XDP6 to the cart, went through to the point of entering the credit card just prior to the purchase, but it still did not reduce it from the $99 price (it ended being closer to $107 as the final price including postage).

So, I guess I will simply proceed with XX5 -> XPGD6 upgrade for now, since I have not seen any response on my ticket in Xara Support addressed to Sales.

I agree ... in the future, I will not jump to buy any WD6 upgrade. I'll wait till the DP6 upgrade is available to make the final decision.

Z

Also, from the responses in this thread, if you are now at XDP6, apparently you do not need to upgrade WD6 anymore ... which is a good thing for you!

Z

The trouble is - you look at WD6 and PGD6 and you think what else could they add that would yet again make an upgrade look interesting in say 12 months time (*). I see I upgraded to XX5 in June last year, and now just over a year later here I am waiting for PGD6 to arrive in the post. WD5 was April last year and WD6 was June this year - I know these dates do not necessarily reflect the release dates as I know I'm not the fastest strike in a thunder storm.

* heaven only knows what they'll think of yet. Every time I get a new package the new toys seem brill, yet somehow you just know the next release will be even better not that there was anything wrong with the last one. Is there no point it all stops? But hey I'm rambling - its 12:30am, time for a spot of Jewel Match then bed. Getting plastered again tomorrow
    Alan

Oh, well ...I have not heard back from Xara support at all. No comments as to whether they could allow me to turn in my WD6 license or give me any extra break for having done that upgrade some months ago.

So, for now, I am going to just upgrade my XX5 to XPGD6 and continue to use WD6 as well. Since I do not really need the advanced features of XDP6, this will be fine.

Thanks for your help and comments, everybody!

Z