Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation August Tutorial in PDF file format

I have had repeated requests (from one member ) for a printable version of the tutorials. Is anybody else interested in this format?

The page is still much deeper than a normal page size so you need to tile the pages which creates a rather large number of pages.

But if you are interested, you can download the PDF version of the August Xara Xone Tutorial here.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: August Tutorial in PDF file format

I don't know about anyone else but I usually prefer to do the tutorials straight frome the Xone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

What's the point?
    You have made available the Zipped copies of your tutorials for download and convenient archiving for offline viewing.
    These can be printed right from the browser as can the on-line versions.

Hey Steve,

What you say may be true but there are those that have trouble with browser settings and end up having a couple characters missing on a printout.

This saves those people from having to fight with their browser settings....not everyone is a tech or technically minded.

Just a thought....and my 2 cents (not a penny more) worth.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have had repeated requests (from one member ) for a printable version of the tutorials. Is anybody else interested in this format?

The page is still much deeper than a normal page size so you need to tile the pages which creates a rather large number of pages.

But if you are interested, you can download the PDF version of the August Xara Xone Tutorial here.

It's always good to have a choice so I'm in favour, just downloaded the PDF which shows file size of 5.77MB while the unzipped tut. shows 6.98MB.

Stygg2003

If someone likes to print out the tutorials (if that is the demand for the PDF) then it should be formatted to fit a Letter/A4 paper.

I use the tuts directly from the web but it takes some Window-juggling. I could very well consider printing out the tuts for convenience one day.

JimR

Gary,
    Unless I am missing something here the PDF page format you have used is terrible for printing. It appears to be at a ratio of about 6:19 measured on screen. A4 paper at 210 mm by 297 mm is a ratio of 6:8.5 so each of your pages will need at least 2.2 pages to print ...and then that will be cutting across graphics. A nightmare.

Yes. Of course you can print one PDF page per A4 sheet but what a waste of space then.

I'm with JimR on this one.

Tell me my understanding is wrong.

Erik

I think the buzz-phrase is 'printer friendly format', and your PDF is unfortunately not Gary, its just a rehash of the web pages; and, as has been noted, this doesn't really work for printing to paper which would be the whole point for me too..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Give the man a break you contemptuous lot! See post#1 for the caveats.
    You get what you pay for right?

I am sure you are being jocular steve, however if we are not to express our opinions, how are we to discuss?

you yourself said 'What's the point?' - and I gave what would be the point for me - ok?
    Last edited by handrawn; 08 August 2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...