Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Designer Pro and Ecwid E-commerce solution

Firstly, I am LOVING Designer Pro 6!
    Secondly I want to share with you the most awesome e-commerce WIDGET solution that blends perfectly with Designer pro's Placeholder. MUCH better than anything offered by JotForm. http://www.ecwid.com/

Just one issue I am having that I hope you experts can help me with?

I inserted the widget's code in a square to accommodate the shop design, but there are areas that require a LONGER square.. how do I make the placeholder extend automatically to the size of the data produced by the widget?

If you would like to see a sleek widget in operation please feel free to visit my order page on http://chickens.the-red-barn.com/fre...order-form.htm

Comments and assistance would be MOST appreciated!
    "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Red Barn Web & Graphic Design Studio

Default Re: Designer Pro and Ecwid E-commerce solution

I clicked Links expecting to see sausages.

Very cool ap. I will have to give it a try.

Does the placeholder copy have a size? If so, make your rectangle to this size. If not and part of the form is getting lost, then make the rectangle larger until everything is included.

I am not sure it will do this automatically.

Thanks for your reply - I hope you found the sausagehttp://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/hehe.gif

The widgets code doesnt show a size. I did make the placeholder bigger but obviously that affects all the pages.

When a customer for instance logs into his account it shows all his previous purchases which can take up a few pages!

Any idea how to make a placeholder extend automatically?

Ecwid is looking for partners.. Im going to suggest they contact XARA because their widget it the perfect e-commerce solution to add to your great program

Just need to find a way to make that placeholder STRETCH...
    "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Red Barn Web & Graphic Design Studio

Quote Originally Posted by LindyJo View Post
    Just need to find a way to make that placeholder STRETCH...
    No, you can't. Web Designer/Xtreme/Designer Pro use fixed CSS absolute positioning for all elements of a layout to maintain WYSIWYG design. Stretching, expanding, dynamicaly growing pages break WYSIWYG.

Placeholders 'define' the area absolutely so if your placeholder object measures 500x500 pixels, then that is the exact area on your page which the CSS alots for the snippet which occupies the area as defined by the placeholder object.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 04 August 2010 at 04:53 AM.

Could the dynamic page tweak not be applied here?
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44779

Yes this is a nice widget, we will have a play with it and if suitable add it to the designs gallery e-commerce folder.

Thanks

Thanks for the link LindyJo

Very helpful. Only problem was locating the checkout.
    But I did enjoy your website very much.
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate