Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sledger

Unhappy Sledger

Thanks for all your help Steve. It's sad you feel you have to stop being an administrator/moderator but I hope you will stick around.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: Sledger

I'm sorry that you feel the need to step down as moderator, Steve. I think you've done a bang-up job of the task and everything else that keeps TalkGraphics running smoothly. I feel that Magix, Xara, and TalkGraphics will lose quite a bit because of their recent decisions/actions that have caused several of the long standing TG moderators to denounce their positions.

It's good to hear that you'll be sticking around, though. It'll be great to see you start posting some new drawings done using Xara Xtreme and/or Xara Designer 'Whatever It Is' again (maybe?). After all, you'll have a lot more time on your hands for drawing and photography.

You have my respect and thanks for all you've done,
    Harry

Hi Steve,
    I´m sorry and very sad to hear that you will stoping as moderator on TG, and i´m happy to know that you are still here too.
    Just want to say many many thanks to you for all your help on TG.
    Best Regards BP
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Steve your knowledge of Xara product and help on these forums is invaluable, whatever else happens many thanks from me for sharing this

In the past, when we had our differences, you said to me on more than one occasion that the forum is more important than any one individual member

That said the strength of the forum lies in its regular participants and their willingness to help and share, so its great that an expert like yourself stays on as a 'regular guy'

I'm only an ordinary member and I know not what goes on behind the scenes, but it would appear TG is in a state of flux at least in terms of Moderation. Obviously Moderation is needed and it is a big commitment, and a likely a burden, on boards such as these.

Independence is often one of the first things to go when something is successful, especially if funding comes from elsewhere [and if money is tight]

You done a good job; be proud
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steve,

There was no reference for this thread other than seeing you are now a 'Regular Guy'. That being the case I hope you're staying on to at least guide us with your tremendous wealth of knowledge.

Obviously only you and Xara/Magix know the inside scoop so whatever it is, I hope all is well with you.

I just want to add my 2 cents of thanking you so much for the tremendous amount of learning you have provided me and countless others on this forum and that you may have enough time now to do more of that without having to worry about moderating too.

Again, many thanks Mr. Ledger.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Steve,

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this forum and for the huge volume of useful information that you have imparted and all that helpful advice that you have so readily given.

I never could understand how you managed to find time for it all. What will you be doing now to fill the vacuum?
    TJB

The link in post #1 to Steve's announcement is now dead. Make of that what you will. In his post, for those who didn't see, Steve says the main reason for his stepping down is that Talkgraphics was an independent forum, though paid for by Xara/Magix. He will be participating as an ordinary member - if the word "ordinary" can be applied to the wealth and breadth of knowledge and insight he displays
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 01 August 2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: emphasis
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Well, it certainly didn't take long for that link to be killed. You're right about the depth and breadth of knowledge that Steve brings to the table and how accurately and unselfishly he supports all in his answers/replies.

I think Frances signature says it all quite accurately. I also wish that TalkGraphics was like it used to be.

Somebody obviously does not realize what they have here or these changes would not be forced upon people by having great moderators fall by the wayside the way they are, either by choice or by being told they are no longer welcome to guide people.

To me this smacks of top down (as in company) totalitarianism type government. That type of thinking will eventually kill this forum, no matter how much good users want it to stay alive....

That would be a shame and this direction should make those directing it feel ashamed of themselves in my not so humble opinion.

There is definitely a huge atmosphere change here at TG and it's not for the better.

Just my 2 cents worth...for whatever that's worth......
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

I smell brinkmanship

you know there is a lot of leading by the nose going on here - I have seen disputes over editorial freedom and artistic expression come and go - it's only my gut feeling but this dispute seems to me just a bit precious on the part of some
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Just my 2 cents worth...for whatever that's worth......[/QUOTE]

That would probably be about 2 cents then Ed.

Well, this is all very disturbing, not to mention distressing. I have deliberately held back from commenting on the whole subject of moderation these past weeks, for fear of being too forthright in my comments. But I must say I agree with the above comments regarding Steve's decision to stand down, he will be sorely missed in that capacity, but it's reassuring to know that He still walks among us.

I believe Xara/Magix ought to think long and hard about what has caused these level-headed and responsible regular guys to consider quitting their valuable duties and to use their discretion to restore some sense of proportion at Talkgraphics. Unfortunately it looks to me that it could very well all end in tears.
    Regards,
    Bob.

EDIT: I just noticed that Steve J has reached a considerable milestone for a mere regular contributor. Congratulations on 7,500 posts, Steve.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 01 August 2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.